The 2015 Summer 72hr Mapping Contest!

Kafe

L1: Registered
Jul 10, 2015
This shall be interesting to take part in. I've been sticking to CS;GO defusal maps for a while, so I'd quite like to make the shift to TF2 now, this is a great opportunity to do so.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
My Twitch profile banner for the contest.

72_Contest_Banner1_temp3.png

Edit: Banner changed, description edited.

Last edited:

DannyRand

L2: Junior Member
Jun 8, 2013
Originally I didn't think I would take part this time, simply because i'm working insane (70hr+) weeks right now and am working during this contest. However, I think I can put a solid 12 odd hours in and possibly squeeze some in at work. This time I have an idea and will do up a layout beforehand. I don't expect to come up with a 14 hour masterpiece ala Probed but this should be fun anyway.

Unfortunately, I now have a potato computer so I doubt I'll be able to stream, gonna try to see if I can before the day and i'll update with my twitch if so.

SC PL

local shitposter
aa
Jun 25, 2015
Awesome. My question about moving my participate time didn't replied on forum. Dammit Internet.

Whatever, I'll make a map. And where I can submit map?

Last edited:

The Little Ace

Jun 27, 2015
It's so hard to decide on the theme , tf2 has many awesome styled maps , I think I will go with ... :p

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Awesome. My question about moving my participate time didn't replied on forum. Dammit Internet.

Whatever, I'll make a map. And where I can submit map?

Post your map in this thread. I'll be sending a reminder to all of the participants (for this alternate weekend) when there are 24 hours remaining.

Jun 10, 2015
Sounds cool

You know what, Why not.
July 31st, I'm comming for you.

I'll be live on youtube i guess

Last edited:

hazzmando

Jan 21, 2012
How to submit?

This will be my first 72 hour map, and my first map submitted to tf2maps.net, so i was wondering: is there a preferable way to pack/compile the map for submission?? If so; instructions please...

:confused:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
hazzmando, we spend countless hours on the 72 hour maps because there are so many. Please for the love of god get to grips with packing/compiling maps before the contest.

submit something to an imp or gameday first. If you don't use any custom content there's no need to pack anything into the bsp, just submit the bsp itself. Just make sure you've done all these things -> http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=24244

Last edited:

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
hazzmando, we spend countless hours on the 72 hour maps because there are so many. Please for the love of god get to grips with packing/compiling maps before the contest.

submit something to an imp or gameday first. If you don't use any custom content there's no need to pack anything into the bsp, just submit the bsp itself. Just make sure you've done all these things -> http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=24244

And dont forget to test everything in your map, the amount of times people doors dont work or resupply don't is incredible. Just spend a minute checking everything!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
My Internet is goddamn slow, so I add download here

FIlename: koth_waterock_72
Author: SC PL
Thread: None
Download: HERE
Screenshot: Later

I'll allow it. I won't be lenient on the deadline in the future, though.

Note to anyone participating in the proper contest, please do have your maps uploaded and posted in the upload thread as soon as possible! I recommend posting the first playable version of your map, and editing the post later when you have a new version. If you know that your internet is slow, plan accordingly!

SC PL

local shitposter
aa
Jun 25, 2015
And I want to fix my map koth_waterock_72, because people said, than I should fix cables on power towers, remove shadows and make map larger (Everyone likes that glitched train). So because editing 72 hour map after 72 hours is will looks like a cheating, I'll will add new fixed map. Or I can upgrade my 72h map? (I think no)

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
And I want to fix my map koth_waterock_72, because people said, than I should fix cables on power towers, remove shadows and make map larger (Everyone likes that glitched train). So because editing 72 hour map after 72 hours is will looks like a cheating, I'll will add new fixed map. Or I can upgrade my 72h map? (I think no)

You can upgrade your map, but only if you want to opt out of the judging process. Opting out means you wont be able to win any prizes, and wont receive testing from 72hr map gamedays (meaning you will have to get it tested sometime else).

SC PL

local shitposter
aa
Jun 25, 2015
You can upgrade your map, but only if you want to opt out of the judging process. Opting out means you wont be able to win any prizes, and wont receive testing from 72hr map gamedays (meaning you will have to get it tested sometime else).

Ok so I'll don't upgrade the map :mellow: (I'd like to get prizes)
Maybe I'll fix map after contest (Now I know, how to fix shadows)

Last edited: