Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
At this point, I think it's just part of the game. It wouldn't be an issue if they had fixed this bug 8 years ago, but now it's an expected part of the game for a lot of people.

I mean, they probably should have some system where the same classes spawn in the same spots on either side of the map, but entirely removing the ability to move before the freeze period ends pretty much only serves to irritate the audience that already accepts it as a legitimate part of the game.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
You know what made me stop using the Quick Fix? It's almost impossible to deal with explosive jumpers. You get yanked up into the air, often when you don't expect it, your patient sticks the landing on that high-up ledge they were aiming for but you don't because you're a little ways behind them, so you fall all the way back down and die from the fall damage. It basically turns explosive jumping into a form of accidental griefing, and that was before people started rocket jump spamming for no reason, let alone using the parachute.

And there's no fix for this. Even if Valve added fall damage immunity, it sill wouldn't ensure that you actually end up behind your patient instead of down on the ground below them. And that was the whole point of adding the rubber band effect in the first place.
Hold Jump to follow your patient.

A SourceMod plugin from half a decade ago did this better than Valve's implementation. Overwatch does it better, too

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
5D24F2FEC8306C4ABB275EB01CF45F93A7A64FA4

gj Valve

(this appears to be caused by having 12 on a team and enabling mouse input in the scoreboard)

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
You know, at least the option is there, instead of just cutting off like it did before.
What option? The scroll bar doesn't actually do anything besides cover up everyone's ping.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Even funnier, there's no player number count anymore on top of the scoreboard.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
there's no player number count anymore on top of the scoreboard.
There was a player number count at the top of the scoreboard?

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Dumbing down of the game. But for some reason they aren't doing things like removing the 50 or so useless weapons, they're removing things that have been in the game for years like spawn jumping.. lmfao

150 ping.
Green.
What.

yeah it's not too pleasant, i only know because i had around 130 ping last night from downloading shit and i was still green on the scoreboard.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
And what was wrong with the numbers? Are valve randomly choosing non-broken things to fix now?
I prefer the bars, personally. I have never, ever needed to know someone's exact ping so the numbers were fairly useless to me, whereas with bars it's easy to tell from a quick glance how a particular player's connection is, which is all I wanted to know in the first place.

The numbers were kinda broken for me anyay; I play at a really low resolution so the numbers got cut off at the first digit.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So Tide Turner bashes no longer gives you your charge back.

Da fuq.

MaccyF

Notoriously Unreliable
aa
Mar 27, 2015
w
I prefer the bars, personally. I have never, ever needed to know someone's exact ping so the numbers were fairly useless to me, whereas with bars it's easy to tell from a quick glance how a particular player's connection is, which is all I wanted to know in the first place.

The numbers were kinda broken for me anyay; I play at a really low resolution so the numbers got cut off at the first digit.

it would be fine if valve had realistic expectations of what good / bad ping is. 150 is goddamn unplayable and its still green

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Using the "bars" icon that cell phones use to indicate signal strength as an indicator of ping is inaccurate anyway. A bad connection is one that's currently being monopolized by some other process, and the best way to tell if that's happening is if your ping is currently rising. Once it starts dropping, even if it's reported as being in the hundreds, you're in the clear, I think because ping is actually reported as an average over time or something.