Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
What's wrong with Watergate? I have had nothing but fun times with that map.

Noizeblaze

L1: Registered
Jan 16, 2014
My own personal experience with Watergate is that I end up playing it like KOTH at the end, nesting on the point and defending that while harvesting the cores that drop from there when your team is in control of the point. I feel like maybe I should be doing more proactive things on a game mode that involves killing people, but maybe if it is being canonised that it's been retooled with critique from Valve.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Strong_Sad_Sloshy.png

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
My own personal experience with Watergate is that I end up playing it like KOTH at the end, nesting on the point and defending that while harvesting the cores that drop from there when your team is in control of the point. I feel like maybe I should be doing more proactive things on a game mode that involves killing people, but maybe if it is being canonised that it's been retooled with critique from Valve.
The control point was in a much earlier version of the map. The current version hasn't got a control point anymore; it's just pure killing with the occasional alien abduction. (Which sucks because I'm much better at defending objectives than assaulting the enemy, but oh well.)

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
What kind of fuckhead English teacher did you have?
The internet. Also, just because it's possible in general doesn't mean that it's the right thing in a given context.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
The internet. Also, just because it's possible in general doesn't mean that it's the right thing in a given context.
Affect is a verb and effect is a noun. There is no situation where you would ever purposefully use one in place of the other.

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
Affect is never a noun., but effect can be used as a verb, but with a different meaning than affect. The following sentence uses all three meanings: If this has an effect on me and also affects you, then it might effect a change.