• Center Save Changes Reset

KotH SharkBay B7

This Is a map set on a port. there is an accessible ship there with a full health pack as well.

1. basilhs333

basilhs333 L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    In this version:

-Detailed the map a lot more

-improved the fps overall

- added more lighting around the map

-even more detailing ( outside the playable space ) ( I added a small easter egg somewhere in the map its on the blue side inside of something see if you can find it )

-added the cow announcer back close to the point inside a building.

- Changed the Red shark aquarium a bit so it can fit to the new red spawn

Notes:
    Hey everyone, I am close to Done with sharkbay. I still got to do more detailing overall and to add a 3D skybox and a few other bits and pieces around but I am getting there. I am happy with how the map turned out and I hope you guys like it too.
    I will play with sounds , skybox and Lighting more in the next version just in case you are wondering.
    I am also making a new payload map to "replace" cliffedge. I am not going to carry on with this map unfortunatelly. I dont know If I ever said that before but here you go. Expect the map to be seen this summer.

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
  3. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    In this version:

- Increased the time needed to cap the point ( reverted it back )

- fixed the long sightline from cp to lobby

- lowered the ship that every class can jump on top even heavies from both the steps on top of the ship and from the small brick walls close to the control point

- changed a few things based on feedback.

Notes:
    nothing here

4. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
  5. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    In this version:

-changed the control point area a bit in order to make it less of an ideal place to stay on and to be more exposed.

-the control point capture area is smaller as well.

-more detailing around the map.

-began making the 3D skybox.

Notes: Hey there. It's me, Bill.
    I am really bad at making predictions about map. I mean I think I said B4 would be the version in which I will have the 3D skybox done or something like that. I am too lazy too check it right now. Anywayz. This version would have shipped with a 3D skybox which I made but its....Bananas. I mean it has so much going on and I am like okay lets remake this. I will try something more simple this time. I shoot for B6 to be the version in which I will have detailed the whole map , add sounds and a 3D skybox and hopefully I will have the ship model ready to go. Its pretty exciting. I am working on a new payload map as well which hopefully you will see soon.
    Thats all from me for now.

6. n8five484

n8five484 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Holy crap you have vastly improved since I was gone. This is map is such a far cry from cp_bloodfall and koth_skyfortress. Your detail is much less cluttered, clean and neat than before.

Color me impressed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    wait until you see my new payload map ;)

8. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    Literally nobody
    -Bill : In this version:

-The ship saw a new design for the upper area of it mainly , to make it easier to model the ship prop for the upcoming version.

- Done more detailing and feedback quested stuff. (such as adding pipes, moving the frog to the shark aquarium , a new spectator camera overlooking the point for a better view of what is happening etc )

- The Full healthpack on the ship was changed to Medium and the small pack near the point to a medium as well.

-Continued making a 3D skybox which is not done but it's getting there.

-Fixed a few bugs with the map and made the compile take less time. Previously it took around 8 mins with both options on Normal. Now it takes around 5 mins.

9. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    In this version:

* I fixed some stuff

* added the ship. lol

Notes:
    Attention epic gamers!
    A friend of mine fgd5 ( https://tf2maps.net/members/fgd5.24056/ ) is making the ship model for sharkbay and he needs your help. Leave your feedback about the ship so he can fix - improve anything wrong with the model so far before he finalises it.
    I am really excited for the next version of sharkbay which should have sounds , a 3D skybox and hopefully the whole map fully detailed.

Another thing before I post this bad boy , I am making a new Payload map. I think I mentioned it before but the map its almost done. Hopefully this Sunday it will be out. this is my goal anywayz. I dont think i will hit it though. If not sunday , the map will be released this upcoming week.
    If I could describe the map with a few words is what I expected from the jungle inferno valve map to be.

10. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    in this version of the map:

- The whole map was fully detailed.

-A 3D skybox was Added.

-changed and fixed a few stuff based on feedback

Notes:
    Sorry it took me so long to update the map. I had a lot going on and I wanted to finish most of what I wanted first before I update the map. Well I made the 3D skybox ( which I am not fully satisfied yet , it may change in the future) , I detailed the whole map but I didnt add sounds yet. I was just too lazy for that. I promise I will get back at it as soon as I can. So I guess 2/3 are completed.
    Anywayz Personally with the detailing I am really proud. I think I did great and I am hoping to get some feedback on the visuals from you guys. Feel free to tell me your opinion about anything really.
    Btw I am shooting for B8 to be something like the final version of the map. Meaning that the skybox should be 100% done , the boat as well and to have sounds of course. So yea, I hope I can achive those. For the time being enjoy the map.