SharkBay

KotH SharkBay RC2

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
Thank you so much my dude, If I release a new version of sharkbay in the future, I will make sure I fix those

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
In this update:

➤Replaced the sharkcages detail with actual props now (Made by Zeus)
➤Made the map brighter
➤lightened up some dark areas
➤Fixed some clipping issues
➤Moved the small boat where sharks are circling around it, somewhere more visible
➤General changes and improvements

Notes:
We did it boys! RC1!
It's the first time I actually hit this mark! (Not counting my past maps where I used to release them in RC1 right of the bat)
I think I am done with sharkbay, I did everything I wanted to do, Servers play the map daily, some youtubers commented on the map and I even watch the map in some streams in twitch. I couldn't ask for more. I am really happy with the map. Now for the future I got eruption and caribbean. After those I have no idea what I will do but only time will tell.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ShadowMan44

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2021
I loved the look of this map ever since it got uploaded to the steam workshop. Though I've yet to play it on a server, I can def tell you that you put a lot of work into the visuals alone!

I wish you luck on future maps dude.

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
Shameless self plug: Timelapse of the sharkcage model i made for the map!

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
In this update:

➤ Improved the fps around mid (changed a few models to fade out quicker, moved the small boat with the sniper and heavy somewhere more hidden so the CPU doesnt have to draw 2 extra sharks and eat fps)
➤Improved clipping a bit
➤Fixed a sign clipping through a wooden beam
➤Added more detailing outside Blu's spawn

Notes:
WE DID IT BOYS!
Sharkbay got featured in the newest creators.tf update!
I played my map a ton this month. I saw a mix of opinions about sharkbay but still. I guess when you are making something different you will hear mixed opinions, wont you?
Still all those opinions are very much welcome and I am really proud of sharkbay. It took 3 years to reach RC2 and see my map get this much attention. I am over the moon and I can't wait to see what's next. Thank you everybody for your help and feedback over the years!

Read the rest of this update entry...

ShadowMan44

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2021
I loved the look of this map ever since it got uploaded to the steam workshop. Though I've yet to play it on a server, I can def tell you that you put a lot of work into the visuals alone!

I wish you luck on future maps dude.
I've now played a server with this on Creators.TF. Everything about this map is phenomenal, the ambiance of the seagulls and cars honking in the distance makes it feel like no other map.

Was this map originally planned to be themed around sharks or was it just a dockyard but was given the shark theme later on in development?

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
Before I say anything I would like to thank you for your kind words! I am very happy that you enjoy the map this much.
To answer your question before I even make the map, I think of a theme and an idea that would not only get peoples' attention but would also give me motivation to carry on with the map. The dockyard and the shark idea was always there. The map was called sharkbay since day 1.