Rust

PL Rust final1

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
There seems to be some missing track in that first shot. Are you implementing ])oo]v['s marvellous 'capture the track' mechanic in Rust now?

No, I removed a thing that required dynamic track pieces... I just haven't put it back in.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I don't like all that I've done, and what it ended up being.
I don't want to release something that I'm not happy with.
I'm redetailing.

pl_rust_a8b0000.jpg

Bereth

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 13, 2011
Hopefully you haven't tweaked the layout too much.
Not the biggest fan of snow , plus cp_frozen is also snowy... I'm beginning to see a pattern. I'll just have to wait and see.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Looks like a good direction. The displacements are looking good and the train is a nice touch.

I liked Rust better as a name, though. Frostridge is clunky and weird and not even a word

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Looks like a good direction. The displacements are looking good and the train is a nice touch.

I liked Rust better as a name, though. Frostridge is clunky and weird and not even a word

Thank you. The train will eventually travel between tunnels for a small effect.

I have it as frostridge for now, but may submit as Rust, so there isn't confusion with Tom Hoen's Frostfell.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Watch out. Where displacements cross other brushes, jagged edges become really obvious. Also i would complain about concrete and rock right up to each other, but i've got an entire town doing that in atoll, so i guess i'm a hypocrite.

Edit: Also stick a pipe or something in to make getting up into that opening easier. The last thing i want is to be rubbing up against it trying to find the point where i can auto-step up whilst running backward away from a pyro.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2012
It's a good thing. I like that mountain a lot.

How do you get the snow to have that spattered texture to it? Whenever I paint alpha blends between snow and cliff, it just makes it fuzzy =(

EDIT: Did you photoshop a new texture with included snow so you wouldn't have to alpha blend?

Last edited: