Rust

PL Rust final1

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Bereth

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 13, 2011
The new second point is way more open than it used to be. As a result it can be pretty difficult to get good spam on snipers/sentries placed too far away from the entrances. More contained and only slightly enclosed spaces favor demomen and soldiers, two classes which can do a lot to end a stalemate.

Bereth

Dec 13, 2011
I can't say if it'll be game-breaking. I would, however, say that it is the weakest change in the map. Everything else is just an improvement.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Yikes. What was the culprit?

nothing, I removed nothing.

I added a large skybox brush, and thin-ish hint brush, and VVIS took 9 minutes. (go figure) and VRAD took the rest. And the funny thing was i had -staticproppoly and -staticproplighting on for the 17.5 minute compile.

Also, thread up on Playstuff and SPUF (might not have been the best idea in the world)

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
SPUF is already pissing on it. Grats.

Anchorman2.gif

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
SPUF is already pissing on it. Grats.

Well you aren't helping :p

But blu has been easily pushing up that point, I can't tell why. I think it has been the low player counts because during alpha it wasn't always the case. (if you look at the last 2-3 tests of rust, you see a pretty decent % win for each team)... I'm open to last-minute suggestions for making it harder for blu. I'm thinking about just lowering time given by abuot 30-45 seconds (not a good solution, but one that should do)

Last edited:

Bereth

Dec 13, 2011
I think moving the third point a little earlier may help. Having it inside the building would mean that there is an actual choke to push the cart through.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Well the theory behind outside the building was that blu had to push through the choke in the building, but I guess the choke is kind of before it. I'll take a look and see if I can manipulate that area around at some-point.

Today is basically the last day I have to work on the map for the contest, so naturally, these changes might be post-contest.

Also now on facepunch

Last edited:

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
I know the feeling. I also wanted something up on RED base and ended up with laser. So little props to use from and i can't make any models.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
This is a Public Service Annoucement:

I am well aware of the clipping issues in rust. I tried my hardest to get what I could, but I had to finish other things that I felt was more important. If you find a clipping error that can be exploited, please feedback it, have a couple kills on me, and don't do it again. I don't know if I'll have time (or if I'm even allowed) to fix some of the know clipping bugs before the grace period is over.

besides that, I hope you enjoy the map.

Thank you. This has been a PSA brought to you by Snappy Pop Soda.

May 2, 2009
This is a Public Service Annoucement:

I am well aware of the clipping issues in rust. I tried my hardest to get what I could, but I had to finish other things that I felt was more important. If you find a clipping error that can be exploited, please feedback it, have a couple kills on me, and don't do it again. I don't know if I'll have time (or if I'm even allowed) to fix some of the know clipping bugs before the grace period is over.

besides that, I hope you enjoy the map.

Thank you. This has been a PSA brought to you by Snappy Pop Soda.

I think we're only allowed to change our game logic if it's broken and not clipping or lights. I think you just need to take note from this mistake and keep going.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I think we're only allowed to change our game logic if it's broken and not clipping or lights. I think you just need to take note from this mistake and keep going.

Yea, I know. I won't be fixing anything before the grave period is over. b2 is it. Judge accordingly.