Rust

PL Rust final1

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Okay, first off I did this (I don't know if I like the random fence there.)
pl_rust_a8b0031.jpg

And, listening to feedback, adjusted cp 2 to this:
pl_rust_a8b0030.jpg

better? I should've gotten a "from the ground" shot.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
So basically, I'm declaring a detail lock at 9PM EST tomorrow. I have to detail a lot still, but I MUST get this optimized and tested at least once. I will be entering this contest.

HAve a teaser.
pl_rust_a8b0032.jpg

I know, the rails kind of look stupid just floating there, but I'm going to keep them like that.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Want to say Frontier does the same thing? Looks good at any rate. Make sure you remember to iron out bad shadowing (not that I see anything terrible in this shot, but I have in earlier ones).

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Want to say Frontier does the same thing? Looks good at any rate. Make sure you remember to iron out bad shadowing (not that I see anything terrible in this shot, but I have in earlier ones).

Those things are included in the things post-lock. Basically tomorrow after I wake up I'll be doing a mad scramble to finish detailing.

I'll start sealing and optimizing tomorrow night. I don't think it'll take me THAT long, but I want to have 1, maybe 2 beta versions before the contest.

If I can get a couple betas in post-lock, and optimization is the best I can make it, then I'll finish detailing next weekend. (Like adding a skybox, I have no idea what to do for that.)

It'll be close. But I'm going to enter.

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
I've seen some pretty nice shots in the thread. Have fun detailing tomorrow... don't forget to eat something :p

I still need to DL this and check it out.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Thanks,

Well, I got most of the detailing done, just a few stairs to "detail" and that won't be hard.

I also just spent the past hour sealing, which is annoying, but now the map is self-contained.
I'm going to be doing optimization now, something I suck at, but hopefully will be able to pull something out of my ass enough to get it to run well for everyone.

Don't know how long this'll take me. But expect a test sometime this next week.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Those things are included in the things post-lock. Basically tomorrow after I wake up I'll be doing a mad scramble to finish detailing.

I'll start sealing and optimizing tomorrow night. I don't think it'll take me THAT long, but I want to have 1, maybe 2 beta versions before the contest.

If I can get a couple betas in post-lock, and optimization is the best I can make it, then I'll finish detailing next weekend. (Like adding a skybox, I have no idea what to do for that.)

It'll be close. But I'm going to enter.

I know that feel bro. Good luck dude.

p.s. thanks for reminding me that in my detailing panic I've forgotten to update my thread.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Unless you're dropping the aesthetic you planned at the start, Rust is a fine name and I strongly suggest keeping it.