Rust

PL Rust final1

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

NoHeroes

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2008
Update? Update!

pl_rust is now unversioned, since we don't need to version anymore with the Workshop tools.

Except that most of the most popular servers running custom payload maps (including ours) don't use the workshop, because we want control over the maps we host, so that we can test a map for stability/bugs BEFORE we deploy it to a live server.

If you guys want your maps to get any decent amount of play on custom map servers that actually still fill up everyday, I'd avoid going the "workshop-only" route, and keep versioning your maps.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Except that most of the most popular servers running custom payload maps (including ours) don't use the workshop, because we want control over the maps we host, so that we can test a map for stability/bugs BEFORE we deploy it to a live server.

If you guys want your maps to get any decent amount of play on custom map servers that actually still fill up everyday, I'd avoid going the "workshop-only" route, and keep versioning your maps.
Wow, that's a very valid point. Until the widespread adoption of the Maps Workshop, it'll be difficult to have unversioned file names.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Wow, that's a very valid point. Until the widespread adoption of the Maps Workshop, it'll be difficult to have unversioned file names.

It also completely breaks any plugin that likes to seperate its data by the map's name (i.e. feedback) rather than using its internal version identifier.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
It also completely breaks any plugin that likes to seperate it's data by the map's name (i.e. feedback) rather than using it's internal version identifier.
Oh, well then.

Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

We played this last night noticed some areas where you couldn't build teleporters or they broke on use. I'm geeting the guys to list any issues that they have with the map from last night's game play.

It's a fun map - I think the only issues where the teles and lack of ammo but I'll let you know :)

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Hi,

We played this last night noticed some areas where you couldn't build teleporters or they broke on use. I'm geeting the guys to list any issues that they have with the map from last night's game play.

It's a fun map - I think the only issues where the teles and lack of ammo but I'll let you know :)

Thats a source bug which I know the solution too. I just don't have the motivation to fix it at the moment since I'm working on other stuff.

Oct 6, 2008
is it the func_detail thing - the selecting several brushes then making them one entity thus making the engine think the teleporter is inside a brush and thus it breaks on teleporter usage?

If it helps - tell me the solution and give me the vmf - I'll fix the vmf for you (no charge) and compile the map and give you both files at no charge - lol!

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
is it the func_detail thing - the selecting several brushes then making them one entity thus making the engine think the teleporter is inside a brush and thus it breaks on teleporter usage?

If it helps - tell me the solution and give me the vmf - I'll fix the vmf for you (no charge) and compile the map and give you both files at no charge - lol!

Yes, thats the error.