▶Overwatch Megathread◀

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
i heard theres specific lines for some things including stunning an ulting pharah making her say "I think justice needs a little nap"

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Oh there's so many of these..
http://superrisu.tumblr.com/post/147312021292/im-so-in-love-okay-hush
http://superrisu.tumblr.com/post/147104356217/based-on-this-text-post-although-i-didnt-draw
http://imgur.com/gallery/YhQfw

CnblWdhVIAAeF02.jpg:large

@Yrr that's correct

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Finally bought it last week. Just doing custom games so far to get used to all the different heroes and practice up some muscle memory (need to stop hitting E when I get hurt, heh). Not even played a single real match yet and I've already spent $20 on cases and upgraded to the origins edition.

Help.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Picked up Overwatch today, Fantasmos#1924 Americas region (Australia to be a lot more specific)

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
New map. Looks to be set near the area Bastion woke up. Some really pretty vistas.
Man this is great inspiration for future showcase videos I wanna work on, focusing on the map though absolutely love the massive scale of everything, without going too far in terms of open-ness

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
I love the change because of how funny it is, how much of a child do you have to be to want words like 'ggez' filtered (looking at you reddit), lmfao. Literally nobody uses it seriously.
I've seen massive threads about how emotionally unstable people break down into crying and shit when they see it and it makes them not want to play the game, it's like, at what point do you have to go 'yeah maybe online games aren't for me'.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
I love the change because of how funny it is, how much of a child do you have to be to want words like 'ggez' filtered (looking at you reddit), lmfao. Literally nobody uses it seriously.
I've seen massive threads about how emotionally unstable people break down into crying and shit when they see it and it makes them not want to play the game, it's like, at what point do you have to go 'yeah maybe online games aren't for me'.
People do use it seriously an absolute ton though, even if they're laughing while saying it, the statement is still serious "that was an easy match (because you all suck)." Considering Bungie have even decided against including a "you suck" medal for going 0-15 in a halo-match its pretty clear that kicking someone when they're down similarly with saying 'ggez' isn't exactly encouraging a "fun" game which Blizzard are obviously trying to provide so their community doesn't become full of elitist assholes

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
Anyway, since I didn't see it mentioned yet, Overwatch's PTR server is testing changes for the upcoming Comp season. Among the changes are some nerfs to Genji.

At the same time, Blizzard added taunts that continue until canceled... like certain TF2 taunts. Blizzard previously said they wouldn't add this type of taunt because it can be abused in competitive. Guess they changed their mind.

Powerlord

May 8, 2010
Blizzard is teasing something on the Overwatch General Discussion forum that should be revealed in less than 3 hours. The topic "00110010 00110011" has the time that shows how long ago it was posted going down instead of up (started at 24 hours and is down to 3 hours now). The topic itself "goes corrupt" (with some neat visual effects) when you view it.

This is part of the ARG Blizzard is running, so it's expected to be the official announcement for the hero Sombra who has been teased repeatedly during this ARG.

Powerlord

May 8, 2010
Turns out this countdown turned into what is basically another countdown, albeit one that is going up much more slowly.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Shouldn't be a surprise, really. They just released an update to the PTR earlier today, and the previous PTR update is still fairly recent. That is, assuming they're going to release those changes with Sombra.

Not sure how crazy I am about the increase in projectile size that's on the PTR. I admit I haven't tried the PTR version, but the live version actually feels really really good projectile-wise (roadhog's hook being one of the notable exceptions, that thing is silly huge). Dunno if the 60 tick servers are live yet, but everything on live just feels really solid to me.