▶Overwatch Megathread◀

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
Mystery Heroes is... meh.

I feel like they had to fill the menu square that event brawls would normally take and they thought Mystery Brawl was the most popular of the non-event brawls.
As someone who frequented the Overwatch reddit before the Arcade update, there were a LOT of people asking for a way to play mystery heroes year-round.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I don't understand why people love the Mystery Heros brawl. It's pretty much the epitome of who gets lucky first. Just got stuck as 3 Mercies, then 3 Sombras, then 2 Symms + 2 Widows vs a team with 2 roadhogs, a Winston and a junkrat, none of which died.

It'd be a lot better if you couldn't get duplicate picks.

I mean, to be clear, it's okay but frankly I think even QP is better by far.
It's a great excuse. Losing is nobody's fault, your team just got unlucky hero picks. It's the mode with the least pressure.

Also, you get to play wacky things like attack Symmetra. It forces unorthodox team compositions. Sometimes you learn surprising things that way. I like having a break from the 2/2/2 meta every once in a while

Plus all the other brawls are only fun for 1-2 rounds tops. Not hard for the one decent one to stand out

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Having tried the other brawls now, I think Mystery Heroes actually is one of the best, but only because most of the brawls are truly horrible. The "High Noon" all McCree one is pretty enjoyable since it's a basic shoot em up, but the others are just ugh.

Plus all the other brawls are only fun for 1-2 rounds tops. Not hard for the one decent one to stand out

You posted just as I was. Yeah, this is pretty much it.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I did have a lot of fun playing good bad and ugly, but t could just be that it was my first brawl ever. I liked how surprisingly well it worked with hero stacking since they were all hard counters to eachother, so it was fun to find the perfect combo.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
Who wants to get together and play Heroes of the Storm so we can all get the weeb Genji skin?
No rush or anything, the event lasts until January.

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014

As someone who loves playing Symmetra, I'm interested to see how this pans out.

Cytosolic

L5: Dapper Member
May 1, 2015
I'm a bit late to the party but...

Cytosolic #11636 US

I like playing D.Va, Junkrat, soldier 76, and some others.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Welp, here I go, buying some more damn crates.

I'll wait until the end of the event and use credits to get the Pharah and Winston skins though. Those are epic and must haves. The rest are okay.

FrostyHoneyJuicy

L3: Member
Jun 12, 2014
Welp, here I go, buying some more damn crates.

I'll wait until the end of the event and use credits to get the Pharah and Winston skins though. Those are epic and must haves. The rest are okay.
Heh, I already bought my 50 loot boxes. Good luck to ya~

4F2DD77092AB75C89F0BA2569E93647B3466E45E

Btw, here is the preview of all Overwatch Christmas skins: http://imgur.com/a/lrc6t

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Jeff Kaplan just made a statement on custom maps in overwatch-

"We are extremely open-minded about releasing a map editor for Overwatch someday. But because Overwatch was made with a brand new engine, this is not a small task or one which can happen any time soon. We have this on our long-term road map and believe heavily in user-made content. But there are many challenges ahead of us and it will be a very long road before our editor can be made available to the public."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753537194#post-15

I'm actually surprised about the inclusion of a map editor, and wonder how it would play out. I predict it won't be too far off from Halo's Forge mode to be more friendly, if that's what Blizzard is going for. I'm excited!

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
You could really go as far as extracting models from the gamefiles and building a level in Unreal or a 3D package if you wanted to. But I don't think it'd garner any response beyond "this is cool" from Blizzard unless you were applying to them (in which case showing you can design an overwatch focused map might be super useful)

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
GooGuGajoob#1134 - Super late but...

US and Asia

Last edited:

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
You could really go as far as extracting models from the gamefiles and building a level in Unreal or a 3D package if you wanted to. But I don't think it'd garner any response beyond "this is cool" from Blizzard unless you were applying to them (in which case showing you can design an overwatch focused map might be super useful)

Someone did exactly that- they made some snowy themed payload map finale with a layout and everything. It got on top of the sub for a day and... that was it. Haven't heard from it since. I would like to see someone create a portfolio of overwatch environments though, it would be interesting to see. They probably have enough level designers as it is since they cranked out Oasis and all of the ctf version ms of koth maps so quickly, sadly.

Zaenoch

L1: Registered
Jan 7, 2016
Zaenoch #1981

Mains| Junkrat, Zarya, Zenyata, Mercy, Phara.