Looking to hire a mapper with skills

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Lt. Maverick, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Lt. Maverick

Lt. Maverick L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I own a gaming community and I'm looking to hire a map-maker to build at least one and possible two TF2 maps for me. I will pay a reasonable price in US dollars for the work. The first map will be a fun map for gathering achievements, idling and general fun gameplay. It's not for major competitive play.

Qualifications sought in map-maker:

- Must be friendly and easy to deal with
    - Must be able to complete the map(s) within a reasonable and agreeable amount of time
    - Must be detailed and willing to work well with others to accomplish the work
    - Must speak and write well in English
    - Must be willing to make changes to the map during beta-testing so it's done to my satisfaction
    - References and sample work required

If you're interested, please reply and let me know.

Thank you,
    Mike Vail
    Santa Rosa, CA. USA
    Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/scso1502

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. Svode

aa Svode Take a Chance on Me

Positive Ratings:
    I could take a jab at this, add me on steam to discuss the details or just PM me, either works. I do want to help out, and am willing to help you.

Edit: at the time of posting the top part of this, I didn't take into account the chance that the requester may not have enough time to make his own map or the skills to do so, thus requiring a skilled mapmaker to make a map for him. I'm sorry for not making this clear beforehand, and not having thought about that before posting.

• Respectfully Disagree Respectfully Disagree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  3. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Some people might not have the time to learn, really. Especially if you have a day job + admin a server.

I've done previous commissions in the past if you'd like to PM and discuss what you're looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    You know, you don't need to buy a car, you could just learn how to make them yourself. You'd be able to customize it and you'll be much better with it in the end.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lt. Maverick

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys, I considered learning it but have heard it's very time-consuming. Time is the one thing I have very little of. I work 3 jobs including managing my own business and a fulltime government job, I'm a dad and I manage a community. As much as I'd love to take learning it on, I just don't think I'd have the time to take on another thing. But I agree, doing it myself would be ideal. Thanks for the feedback!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun bap

Positive Ratings:
  7. BigfootBeto

aa BigfootBeto Too obsessed with perfection

Positive Ratings:
    easy to use...isn't much of a hassle...

You sure you're talking about hammer?

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lt. Maverick

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I have found a couple people to work with. I'm looking forward to making some cool maps with them. I hope to eventually learn how to do mapping as well. In the meantime, take care and thanks again!

9. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Jokes aside, while day-to-day experienced use of Hammer will reveal a lot of flaws, Hammer actually is one of the most accessible level design tools out there.

10. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Indeed it is

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1