- Sep 5, 2014
Hosted by Muddy!
Hosted by Muddy!
What's a Casual?
This is an event in which we play community maps of your choosing! Unlike imps, the idea of casuals isn't to test in-development maps, but instead to just have a bit of fun playing maps that otherwise might not get played that much. This thread is for people to submit maps.
Sunday 17th of December @ 4pm GMT (Calculate other timezones here)
TF2Maps.net EU Server
pl_rust|Fr0z3nR & Freyja
cp_hella_b1|tyler & phi
arena_goldtooth_rc4|Laden & seth
Map pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8eu4gohx63ehzvs/eu-casual-mappack-17-12-17.zip?dl=0
The map pack will be uploaded an hour before the event starts.
I recommend downloading the map pack once it's up, because finished maps tend to be pretty huge (especially multi-stage ones!). Downloading these maps will prevent any 'missing map' and 'version mismatch' errors from occurring. Also, I will be repacking particularly large maps, and I'll state which ones I've repacked when the map list goes up.
If you see someone request a map you also want to see played, give that post an 'agree' rating. The more 'agree' ratings a request gets, the more priority it'll get!
Also, please include a download link for each submission (direct downloads please, no Steam Workshop links) and try to limit your requests to a maximum of five maps.
- You may submit maps by other authors!
- Most veteran map makers have since left the community, so there's no need to ask for permission.
- Maps that were played in the last casual will be given low priority.
- The list for the previous Casual can be found here. This rule doesn't include maps that were requested but not played.
- No maps in early development, please!
- Again, this isn't a map test, it's just a play session.
- No Mann vs Machine maps or maps not designed for 12v12.
- Gimmicky maps, joke maps and custom gamemodes are fine (within reason - I'll review them on a case-by-case basis); this rule mainly concerns things like trade, surf, ultiduo and mge.
- Don't be a dick.
- Treat eachother with respect. Deliberately being a jerk will net you a warning; multiple warnings will lead to a temporary ban.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or in a private message to me.