Custom Props i used dont show up for other Players.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by XEnderFaceX, Aug 21, 2017.

1. XEnderFaceX

XEnderFaceX L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi,

my map cp_snowgrass has alot of Custom Props, they dont show up for other players... :(
    i used VIDE and tried CompilePal but CompilePal dosnt work on my computer for some reason...

why is it still not showing up?

2. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    where do you store your custom props? Is it in the tf/custom folder? If they are, VIDE won't detect them when scanning.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. Yabayabayaba

Yabayabayaba L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    check if compile pal is blocked by your antivirus, if that does work try opening it inside the zip (or taking it out)

4. XEnderFaceX

Positive Ratings:
    okay i opened compilepal, do i just need to compile it now? or what do i have to do to make it that other people see the props?

5. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure the option at the side labelled PACK is checked (in black). It's also good to check REPACK as well as it'll make your .bsp filesize smaller.

compilepal.png

If it's not shown there, use the ADD button at the bottom (in red) to add it.

6. XEnderFaceX

Positive Ratings:
    Dose it not work when i compile with Fast settings? because my map takes like over 7 Days to compile, i dont feel like waiting so long..

7. BigfootBeto

aa BigfootBeto Too obsessed with perfection

Positive Ratings:
    Wow that is NOT a normal compile time. Make sure you properly func_detail things to make sure vvis doesn't literally take 7 days. If vrad is what's hanging up, then don't use dynamic lights and do not name lights. Naming lights makes them dynamic.

8. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
  9. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    how many numportals has your map got?!

10. Yabayabayaba

Positive Ratings:
    open your portalfile, via map>portalfile and look bor big clusters of blue lines, (probably staircases and the like) and func_detail the offenders.

11. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    once for me, it was as simple as func_detailing a single square brush in the middle of an empty room

12. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    That's not what the source engine considers as "dynamic lights". Those are really expensive, since they can move in realtime. It's a pitty that there is no proper name for these switchable lightmap based lights. Not even "switchable lights" is accurate, since it's possible to blend between the two states automatically for animation effects.

13. Yabayabayaba

Positive Ratings:
    correct me if i am wrong, but naming lights does increase their compile cost though, forcing vrad to make light maps for every combination of lights turned on and off (lights with the same name only require one set and can't be controlled individually). I believe this counts through all light entities, although I am not sure about the basic light.