WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

P

Prosciutto

i have been working on timber terror. i'm giving it a more medieval kinda look since the map takes place in an haunted town somewhere in the mountains. probably somewhere in austria
vf6wN4p.jpg

DKktTS9.jpg

cJthoCD.jpg

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
i have been working on timber terror. i'm giving it a more medieval kinda look since the map takes place in an haunted town somewhere in the mountains. probably somewhere in austria
vf6wN4p.jpg

DKktTS9.jpg

cJthoCD.jpg

I like the effort you are putting in but you are going to have to do a lot of lighting work to pull off an impressive look. As it stands it's very flat. Also, change the friggin fog and sky cards! It's the most neglected part of every Halloween reskin.

P

Prosciutto

I like the effort you are putting in but you are going to have to do a lot of lighting work to pull off an impressive look. As it stands it's very flat. Also, change the friggin fog and sky cards! It's the most neglected part of every Halloween reskin.
ok which skycards do i need to do

Last edited by a moderator:

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
This is a new extension to my map called cp_smallworks. I am trying to make more room in my map.
Capture_wip_1.PNG Capture_wip_2.PNG Capture_wip_3.PNG Capture_wip_4.PNG

Sor

L2: Junior Member
Jul 29, 2016
Snímek obrazovky (16).png

So this is a wacky gameplay idea that i came up with after i deleted my tooultradefendableunbreachable last. The point is well defendable but all non mobile classes have to go very near red spawn so it almost turns from cap the point to cap their spawn.

P

Prosciutto

started detailing red spawn on timber terror. now that part also looks medieval like

ripujV2.jpg

and i replaced the giant skull with an clock which will make sounds when the skelies appear

SbZODbF.jpg

also as you can see i changed the skybox because i think it looks more spooky

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
20170901164741_1.jpg

My new map Ampage set in a forest, with the awesome generator cart.

BLU: "We see that you're still using a waterwheel for your power needs. Do you want a better power source?"

RED: "Nah, we're fine."

BLU: "We're going to give you this generator so you can upgrade."

RED: "No, we don't want it. Generators like that tend to explode in dramatic finale explosions."

BLU: "Look, you're taking this damn generator if we have to push it on conveniently placed railroad tracks right into your base!"

RED: "No! WE WILL FIGHT YOU TOOTH AND NAIL!"

BLU: "...oh, wow. That really did blow up, once it got in there, huh. Sorry."

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
started detailing red spawn on timber terror. now that part also looks medieval like

ripujV2.jpg

and i replaced the giant skull with an clock which will make sounds when the skelies appear

SbZODbF.jpg

If you make the lighting match the skybox it'd look even more spooky.

Sor

L2: Junior Member
Jul 29, 2016

ripujV2.jpg

SbZODbF.jpg

The lighting looks like on a sunny day with a night skybox. Kinda like fullbright.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
BLU: "We see that you're still using a waterwheel for your power needs. Do you want a better power source?"

RED: "Nah, we're fine."

BLU: "We're going to give you this generator so you can upgrade."

RED: "No, we don't want it. Generators like that tend to explode in dramatic finale explosions."

BLU: "Look, you're taking this damn generator if we have to push it on conveniently placed railroad tracks right into your base!"

RED: "No! WE WILL FIGHT YOU TOOTH AND NAIL!"

BLU: "...oh, wow. That really did blow up, once it got in there, huh. Sorry."

Holy crap, that's almost exactly the plot of the map I just started working on.

Well, the cart doesn't blow up and it was sent to power an ice cream machine, but still. Almost identical.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Holy crap, that's almost exactly the plot of the map I just started working on.

Well, the cart doesn't blow up and it was sent to power an ice cream machine, but still. Almost identical.
-Blow a base to smithereens
-Power an ice cream machine

There's a slight difference between these two.

Aug 30, 2015
Payload map, tentatively titled PL_Sweatloaf, (after the shock-rock classic of the same name) that I'm not sure what to do with. I like what I see but I'm out of ideas. Testing a third of a single stage payload map would not only be a server killer but also yield little useful data.

20170902190612_1.jpg 20170902190600_1.jpg

Also the bomb cart is doing the thing where it's stuck sideways again.

Yabayabayaba

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 2, 2016
the cart needs to face a certain direction in hammer (i think it points right) no matter the direction of travel. It will self orient upon map start. If you are stuck go play tf2 payload, and take inspiration from your favorite maps

Aug 30, 2015
the cart needs to face a certain direction in hammer (i think it points right) no matter the direction of travel. It will self orient upon map start

I came across the prefab's instructions on how to orient the payload cart literally as you were typing this

bullhammer59

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2016
I've decided to jump back into TF2 mapping after a very long hiatus, very very WIP screenshot:
bNWB3Zr.png

Hint at something to come later on, possible april fools map?