WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Nov 2, 2010
022CABB19B96AB9985B1C1893AF924D8A0CB3E3D

Thought I had enough time to make 2 maps for the Asym contest, so I made a little Amsterdam block to test. After the contest I might pick this up. Urban settings are difficult

Looks nice but I'd tone down the windows higher up. There's no way there would be enough space to fit all of those in and have floors between them and you want to keep the player's attention at ground level.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I am probably not the only one who noticed but this thread is almost identical to this one!

I am posting this to keep this thread on topic:
This is a layout for the Red's final point in cp_sittingrock (wip name).
20161228000735_1.jpg

The capture point was designed to be a stronghold so Red will easily defend.
20161228000740_1.jpg

But the point moves forward if blu is capping to reward blu after a failed uber push.
20161228000756_1.jpg

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Name seems a bit tone deaf considering what's been going on at the Standing Rock reservation this year.

Jul 26, 2015
Name seems a bit tone deaf considering what's been going on at the Standing Rock reservation this year.

Seems pretty intentional to me.

S

saph

I decided to put a few hours of work and love into remaking the middle of @Muddy's Pasty. I'm really enjoying the Yukon theme and overall look of the map. I might tweak the lighting a little and am experimenting with a more curvy, S-like layout.

DpZaleW.jpg

rFffBan.jpg

(Those shadows for blue look nice. I used a ton of blocklight brushes to fix some shadow issues.)
Pasty2 is coming soon!

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
I decided to put a few hours of work and love into remaking the middle of @Muddy's Pasty. I'm really enjoying the Yukon theme and overall look of the map. I might tweak the lighting a little and am experimenting with a more curvy, S-like layout.

DpZaleW.jpg

rFffBan.jpg

(Those shadows for blue look nice. I used a ton of blocklight brushes to fix some shadow issues.)
Pasty2 is coming soon!
Is it still gonna be invade CTF, or have you changed the gamemode? (Or is it a secret?!)

S

saph

Is it still gonna be invade CTF, or have you changed the gamemode? (Or is it a secret?!)
I was planning on keeping as invade CTF due to that being the original gamemode and something we don't see a lot on the site. The first few versions will probably have some issues with the overall length of the map, but I'm playing around with some ideas.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Oh hey, I'm still alive!

d522a995ee.jpg

i4jDzpC.jpg

Don't play TF2 at all anymore lately, but I still enjoy mapping for it and playtesting my own maps. Started with a little Payload project today! Feels good to be back at it

The area on the right and the rooftops will be clipped

S

saph

More of pasty2! (roughly 8 hours total)

I made some small tweaks to middle, and built a courtyard to lengthen the map a little. I was gonna do some OOB work, but got distracted. I still might tweak the lighting a little, and have to build the capture zone and spawns. Gotta clean up some things, but overall, I'm really enjoying working on this!

Imgur Album Here
(no other angles, just middle and RED side, but there's some neat stuff I should add, maybe in the next round of screenshots in a couple days)

MwvEkI3.jpg

zbmUkQU.jpg

DogsRNice

L1: Registered
Dec 13, 2016
I'm putting the map I showed part of earlier on hiatus and started a new one with an idea I've had for a long time
Untitled-1.png

Very WIP 2 stage payload map featuring a large portal (im thinking red wants to launch a blimp though it)
The water isn't very deep by the way

When BLU caps the point the stage ends and the portal opens leading to the second undergound stage

nᵗʰSonata

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
That bridge looks like it could use more supports. At the moment it looks like a Heavy walking across it would cause it to collapse. Other than that, it looks very nice!