Jan 29, 2015
I'd say 2nd or 3rd, not sure which one I like more

Jul 26, 2015
detail_cp1.jpg

detail2_cp1.jpg

detail3_cp1.jpg

First or second or third ?
idk ...

I like the third because of the stone at the bottom of the walls, but I think the snow is a pretty cool idea.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
detail_cp1.jpg

detail2_cp1.jpg

detail3_cp1.jpg

First or second or third ?
idk ...

The first and second look absolutely fantastic, and I'd love to see snow+Japan. The third feels muted/late autumn, which could work just as well if you have something in mind.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
I'm working on a KoTH map for April Fools named "Regression". If that name doesn't give you a hint on how it will look, here's a (poorly-drawn) overhead-view concept art.

TCuLngx.png

If you can guess what the "RC", "B", "A", and "DEV" mean, you can guess what the gimmick is.

I've actually completed "DEV" and "A" so far already. Are there any ideas on how to change this before I start working on the "B" section?

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
CP_Ballarat is my first CP map so go light

2016-01-11_00001.jpg
2016-01-11_00002.jpg
2016-01-11_00005.jpg

(displacements will be worked on later so don't freak out) Pretty much what I am doing is an Australian Dustbowl. Ballarat is one of Australias most renowned mining towns. Famed for its gold deposits, it is now a tourist location. The idea behind the map is Blu is sick of the Red fatcats so they're revolting towards the gold foundry.

heyyou

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 19, 2009
I'm back working on a new project pl_geysercanyon which will feature geysers and dinosaur bones throughout the map. Jukebox is helping with the dino-bones which is currently blocked as placeholders with brushes on this screen. I'm blocking out everything currently for the first test (and have a ways to go) but here's the first stage so far:
F5A15ABD34752B0C71AE126EE94CDCD6003143BA

Last edited:

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
I agree with some people that the eclipse on my map looks like a black hole in the sky. And It's not looks like a eclipse at all.
So I decided to make something new...
DaCuDsA.png

This how the map looks when lanst point belongs to the red team - normal sky.
jm7Cj4m.jpg

And after cap last point by blue team you will get something like this.
bh2XTpD.jpg

Still not the best eclipse effect, but much better than it was.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Would it be possible for you to dim the skybox, rather than making it completely black? Presumably you've got a giant hollowed-out func_brush covering it so you could probably just have it be semi-transparent. I figure that would look much better.

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
Would it be possible for you to dim the skybox, rather than making it completely black? Presumably you've got a giant hollowed-out func_brush covering it so you could probably just have it be semi-transparent. I figure that would look much better.

Unfortunately, I can't do that. Clouds and eclipse effect start to glitchitching when you move your mouse around. Also the eclipse effect looks much darker.

Last edited:

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
It does, but in a real eclipse the sky never ever turns pitch black. I feel like those low-res skybox clouds actually are part of the problem though since their low-res-ness is really visible during the eclipse.

I'm sure you can transition to another texture that's not pitch black, like an actual darkened version of the skybox you're currently using.

Last edited:

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
It does, but in a real eclipse the sky never ever turns pitch black. I feel like those low-res skybox clouds actually are part of the problem though since their low-ress-ness is really visible during the eclipse.

I'm sure you can transition to another texture that's not pitch black, like an actual darkened version of the skybox you're currently using.

A also agree with you, I would do so, realy, but unfortunately, I immediately faced with many problems (especially because of the fog in the 3D skybox). Anyway is not the final version, I'll try to think of something later. And by the way, this effect will be seen only a couple of seconds in the end of the round.

Last edited: