WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Sep 7, 2012
Which one are you?
Also I still can't tell if it's supposed to be a water gun or not. Can you give some handy tips on distinguishing between guns and spaceships? Every time I visit polycount I feel out of place and uninformed.

The Internet

L1: Registered
Mar 17, 2014
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I heard about the artpass contest. It's been about a decade since I last subjected myself to the anger, frustration and pain of Hammer. Good to see nothing has changed.

Here's my start on cp_innovation

eu0lw3P.jpg

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Nope, it's just a deathpit, but even without being playable, it needed a propper scale without screwing the whole proportion of the map.

Barring any scientific reasoning behind the telescope. It's waaaay too small and I think breaks the proportion of the map as-is. Those types of telescopes are fucking huge, so you can get away with a really big dish if you need it.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Don't know if you're looking for feedback, but you could consider breaking up that swath of dark wood with some lighter toned trim. There's a nice white wood available, the reddish ones might work too.

That roof is pretty nuts, in a good way. I wouldn't have bothered with that much brush work but if you want to drive yourself crazy more power to you. :O

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Don't know if you're looking for feedback, but you could consider breaking up that swath of dark wood with some lighter toned trim. There's a nice white wood available, the reddish ones might work too.

That roof is pretty nuts, in a good way. I wouldn't have bothered with that much brush work but if you want to drive yourself crazy more power to you. :O

Isn't there a model for those tiles though?

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
I guess I wouldn't know since I tend to make roofs out of brushes.

But I suppose it being a prop makes more sense.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Team name actually, but the same thing applies. There's only 3 of us.
Ah. So you're like the Ben Folds Five of model making.

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
You know, I don't want to be a dick, but I don't care about how much distance I have to put that fucking dish in my map to make it looks real.

I had enough issues to make the whole proportion right, and if all the astronomers don't want to play that map merely because that dish is too close from the mountain, or there would be too much wind for that structure, then i'm ok with that. I get your point the first time, don't feel the urge to tell something like that anymore.

Also I remember why I leaved that community now.