WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Janeator

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2012
There will be, i promise.

Yes, but then you get a displacement that's twice as dense as if you'd made it that size in the first place, and sewing it with other naturally made displacements will get annoying or challenging. It's better to just redo it to save time in the long run imo.

And yeah, there's nothing wrong with P4 displacements in theory. But as always you can't foresee how everyone uses your map. It also fills your physics data really quickly--you can see this in the compile. I don't know why you'd needlessly bloat that.

Hum. already started to cut them. Sorry :p and don't worry, i got a bunch of time to waste anyway, i guess.

Last edited:

Janeator

Dec 12, 2012
Just to know it: aren't 3D skyboxes a 6-walls giant box anyway? Or that is a 2D skybox? In that case, which one should i use?

Janeator

Dec 12, 2012
Oh, i tried using one of those one time, but i got no idea how to make it work right. So expect my skyboxes to be a sky. And that's all. Unless someone makes one for me if i really make a good map.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The developer wiki is your friend. And if that doesn't work, you're always welcome to ask the chat for help. That said, don't feel like you have to build a 3D skybox until you at least have a working, playable map that passes muster in playtesting.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Or if you're using a skybox with an obnoxious white bottom half (many of the nightime skies have this problem).

Be careful with 3d skyboxes though, displacements (and normal geometry?) do cast shadows on the actual playable area despite being in an isolated box somewhere else. The magic of the sky_camera does that.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I know this is a TF2Maps WIP thread.

But tell me what you think of this concept;

01.jpg

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Yes she's the same character. She's a hero in dota 2, and it's a concept for an item set for her.

Since I don't own Dota 2, that fact would be right at my nose and I wouldn't notice.
But it looks great.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Be careful with 3d skyboxes though, displacements (and normal geometry?) do cast shadows on the actual playable area despite being in an isolated box somewhere else. The magic of the sky_camera does that.

That's odd. As far as I know, it doesn't work the other way around.

Fish 2.0

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 22, 2012
Payload, going to be anyway. From left to right, through the middle, then down the bottom near the edge and up to just under reds spawn across the tracks.

Probably will play like crap.

2013-01-21_00002.jpg

Last edited: