WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

LMFAO

Banned
Jun 14, 2012
It was a test. Realized it creates too many vertices for me to see properly.

Tarry H Sruman

Large Orphanage Proprietor
aa
Jul 31, 2011
bullshit.JPG

This is way too good to be true.

LMFAO

Banned
Jun 14, 2012
Holy shit if Skyward goes in the contest I'll never win.. -snip-

Last edited by a moderator:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Looking great Earkham.

Are you using Battlements correctly? Do the sewers really lead to a balcony area?

I don't know why so many other people misuse the battlements signs and label everywhere in their map as battlements....

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Are you using Battlements correctly? Do the sewers really lead to a balcony area?

Nope, definitely not. They're placeholders since I wanted to make a custom sign label there. Using 'battlements' seemed less confusing than 'control point,' given that they don't lead directly to the point.

I guess I could go ahead and make that prop for a1, it's only a reskin after all.

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
Looking great Earkham.

I don't know why so many other people misuse the battlements signs and label everywhere in their map as battlements....

Tangentially related: Am I the only one who think we need a sign for Spy/flank routes? Or is discovering them on your own considered a vital part of the roamer experience?

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I think it's fine to detail the interior of spawnrooms for alphas. The only things that will really change in a spawnroom are the locations and numbers of exits. As long as the spawn itself is inside an instance so you can move the whole thing back and forth (eg, adjust distance to the 1st cp, etc), it's a great place to work on theme ideas.

Other than that, yeah, detailing just makes more work for yourself when you have to change stuff later.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I hate sewers! I hate tunnels and pipes! They are bad and they are bad! Exclamation points!!!

It does look nice though. Just please, make the sewers super short.

Last edited by a moderator:

elmo

L1: Registered
Jul 1, 2012
Many thanks for the feedback, just wanted to detail now to learn the program a bit more, I'm only detailing the world around the map as well, just to fit it more into context whilst people test it on my server for a bit.

Thanks anyway, all feedback taken well :)

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
I would say that flank and covert routes are unmarked by definition. That way they don't attract the bulk of the foot traffic.

But the point of signage is to get people to the correct places. 'Control point' signs attract players intent on capping/defending, but discourages Snipers and Spies. 'Battlements' signs attract Snipers and Soldiers, but discourages Pyros.
As flank routes tend to be rather inconvenient for reaching the action quickly, giving them signs would prevent non-flank classes from stumbling into them by mistake.