WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
You're overthinking those signs dude.

What do you mean? If a sign shows me that a route goes to x, I'll follow the route if I have a reason to go to x and avoid the route if I don't have a reason to go to x. If I play Pyro I tend to avoid doorways marked 'battlement', and if I played Heavy and came across a doorway marked as a flank route I'd probably skip it and go look for 'control point' signs instead. Are normal players expected to follow the alluring glow of any sign they come across, no matter what it says?

Mar 20, 2012
What do you mean? If a sign shows me that a route goes to x, I'll follow the route if I have a reason to go to x and avoid the route if I don't have a reason to go to x. If I play Pyro I tend to avoid doorways marked 'battlement', and if I played Heavy and came across a doorway marked as a flank route I'd probably skip it and go look for 'control point' signs instead. Are normal players expected to follow the alluring glow of any sign they come across, no matter what it says?

No, but I am under the assumption that a player doesn't think that actively when they first encounter a map (the only time in which signs really matter). At the point you are talking about - where you pick a class and route to achieve a certain goal - is something you do once you've got a grasp on the layout.

I don't recall ever seeing the case you are referencing, where a player will walk up to a "Battlements" or "Control Points" sign, and then walk a different way because they want to find the flank. Heck, some maps (*cough* *cough* Dustbowl) don't even have proper flanks. If the Scout on my team leaves spawn and goes in a different direction, it's because he knows where the flank is already because he is familiar with the map.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I kind of agree that it's not really necessary to label side routes, but since I already did a reskin for koth_skyward and have the files handy, you want I should make a couple of gameplay sign variants?

"Sewers" is what I used for my map (as opposed to "battlements"), but make some suggestions and I'll put together a few.

Tarry H Sruman

Large Orphanage Proprietor
aa
Jul 31, 2011
PG4yN.jpg

May 2, 2009
2012-07-11_00021.jpg

taulu-kaulassa-kehykset.jpg

"You've been framed!"

Started working on misc item for the heavy as part of learning blender better. Needs more tweaking and experimenting with bones.

The_Virgo

L1: Registered
Jul 3, 2012
"You've been framed!"

Started working on misc item for the heavy as part of learning blender better. Needs more tweaking and experimenting with bones.

Nice!

God, I would love to be able to use Blender, but it just feels extremely unintuitive to me. I used the XSI Mod Tool a bit and had better luck. Not very professional luck, but a lot better than my attempts with Blender. :(

Then again, considering some of the items I want to make, maybe it's best that I am unable to make them, lest people think I am ... "off" ... :blink: