WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Why is there an utterly random shopping list on it? I don't get it. It doesn't seem to have any relation to the hat, unless there's some (obscure?) reference I'm not getting. Also, why isn't this a Demoman hat?

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Why is there an utterly random shopping list on it? I don't get it. It doesn't seem to have any relation to the hat, unless there's some (obscure?) reference I'm not getting. Also, why isn't this a Demoman hat?

11856808.jpg

Fail a reflect, catch it with your head instead.

The note is purposely random just to break the colour up a bit. Maybe I should have gone with a feather instead.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
ur shit at life

I'd make the square frames gold maybe. Something about all the redness of the upper part makes it look bad.

Jan 8, 2011
E5ABA75CECA8AEA38384D939E44D883B59868150

I was playing on Frontier and I noticed the same odd lighting glitch that we've been seeing lately. Why is it occurring on already-compiled maps?

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
I want to get back into mapping. I want an exercise. Someone tell me something easy to map, like a single abandoned mineshaft or something.

**Snip**
He holds it like the Dead Ringer.

Neat. Is it just a dead ringer skin..?

Riever

L2: Junior Member
Nov 25, 2011
1st look at Bank Heist (or something)

Hi,

This is the 1st big map I have worked on, all others have been basic rooms.

As some of you may have seen from another post, this is a CTF map with a difference in that you have to capture and then hold the intel.

The pic has 4 views, 1 & 2 are of the town with bank and pyramid at one end and some old ruins at the other. There are 4 ways to the town from the team spawns, the quickest being the most open - under the bridge in pic 2. Other paths are through some old mine tunnels, through the ruins and through the teams own bases. The blue base is shown in pics 2 and 3. You have to get the intel from the bank and then keep it in the structure between the blue stairs in 3.

I've textured it since I started using the devel ones, but then realised that, as its symmetrical, I would have to end up texturing the map 4 times. (Once with all the devel texts for blue, flip the map, devel texture the red test. then texture blue side, flip again (!) and texture the red. Ugh...) This way I only have to texture the red side on each flip.
tf2level1.jpg

Having said that I'm probably going to change the rock textures anyway...

Comments please on layout, possible problems, balance issues etc. It will not compile in this state due to duplicated game logic.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
It might be a bit too symmetrical. The fact that it's a perfect square is kind of... strange. It's not inherently bad, it just strikes me as odd.

Actually, I personally think thats the one flaw with Egypt artstyle, it isn't symmetrical. Most irl egyptian buildings were symmetrical.

Jan 8, 2011
Actually, I personally think thats the one flaw with Egypt artstyle, it isn't symmetrical. Most irl egyptian buildings were symmetrical.

True, true. The real deciding factor is how it plays.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It was before iirc.

Which makes this a bit more confusing... Has Valve commented on anything from this?

I'm starting to get the feeling it's a GFX setting issue. I run on full and have never seen this purple/blue shadow hue-ing, and almost all cases have been reported by people running really low settings. Perhaps it's a DX issue?

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
I'm starting to get the feeling it's a GFX setting issue. I run on full and have never seen this purple/blue shadow hue-ing, and almost all cases have been reported by people running really low settings. Perhaps it's a DX issue?

morras a33 (last compiled in september) dx8.1, low shader detail
cp_morras_castle_a330001.jpg

morras a34 (last compiled yesterday) dx8.1, low shader detail
cp_morras_castle_a340002.jpg

dx9.0, low shader detail
cp_morras_castle_a340003.jpg

dx9.0, high shader detail
cp_morras_castle_a340004.jpg

it's still there on higher settings. do you not have the glitch in gullywash_final1? it's there on both sides

cp_gullywash_final10000.jpg