Feb 18, 2009
MWall_Texturewip1.png

MWall_Texturewip2.png

good thing amnesia is so dark it can hide my shit texturing to some degree lmao

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
It still looks pretty nice. The roof bugs me a bit, I guess because its tiling like that while also being flat. I really can't explain it.

Either way it's pretty neat. I have yet to play Amnesia but this looks like it'd be a fun "map" to try out if I were to play that game.

Jan 8, 2011
You know? I'm just now realizing it.

Amnesia's aesthetics are sexy as fuck.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
actually the first 5 minutes or so are quite unscarry.

edit:
I should call this cp_indecisiveness...

6BB7B7B5DADE01D79B321A54B5B81E363DA2482A

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2011
Re1wind, I know it's just in alpha right now, but you should put some vertical things (maybe metal beams) on the outsides of the concrete buildings. They look really squat and monotonous at the moment. Also, that opening onto point B right next to the curved side of the building is really weird. It's too vertically close to the catwalk's opening. That would cause structural fatigue in a real building, and it just looks strange. I would consider either moving that entrance or killing it off entirely, depending on how it plays.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Re1wind, I know it's just in alpha right now, but you should put some vertical things (maybe metal beams) on the outsides of the concrete buildings. They look really squat and monotonous at the moment. Also, that opening onto point B right next to the curved side of the building is really weird. It's too vertically close to the catwalk's opening. That would cause structural fatigue in a real building, and it just looks strange. I would consider either moving that entrance or killing it off entirely, depending on how it plays.
Emphasis mine. ;)

As for structural fatigue, i'd like to disagree:

Judging by the environment, there is little to no moisture in the air, although the temperature differences during 24 hours can cause a bit of thermal fatigue, although this won't be an issue for concrete/brick buildings. IF it gets cold enough at night for moisture to freeze is another variable which i shall cautiously ignore for now.
statically loaded, the area you picked out will have some strong stress concentration issues but concrete excels at compressive strain , although further analysis is required to confirm or deny whether or not the area of interest is indeed capable of supporting itself or not.

As for dynamic loads, such as sentries being built on the walkway, entire teams running over it, repeated hundreds of times per minute across countless servers, there is an inevitable point where the accumulated fatigue reaches a threshold where the material catastrophically fails: suddenly breaking apart and tearing into pieces (metal). This is inevitable, but can be alleviated by reloading the map to avoid any accumulated damage in the hammer-atoms that build up the map.

/end obvious troll. don't take it the wrong way shanghai, I'm just having some fun ^_^ :p

/begin serious comments

Yeah, now that you mention it, that area does look off. I'll see what i can do about that, and adding more plausible supports.

@wooden structure comments. Not sure about that, but i'll see what it looks like. :)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2011
Is the interior seen in shots 1 and 2 supposed to belong to RED, or is it neutral? Because if it's RED, you need more obnoxious "THIS IS THE RED SIDE" textures. Remember, always assume your audience has a bad sense of direction and is very unintelligent.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Selentic: The legs on that thing look out of place imo. Doesn't fit with the design of the rest of the thing.
I have no suggestions, but that is what I think when I see it.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Selentic: The legs on that thing look out of place imo. Doesn't fit with the design of the rest of the thing.
I have no suggestions, but that is what I think when I see it.

I actually designed fancier more curvy ones in the original sketch, but I spent half an hour trying to figure out how to make them with no luck, so I ended up just doing those. Thanks though, glad they bother someone besides me, I'll probably revisit them later when I figure out what to do.