We now have a Steam Chat Bot!

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
The first post is a little outdated now, it doesn't mention !dallasserver

Might also be handy to have a command that PM's you all the commands. Or maybe that can be included in the !help command.
Its on the website for VBot as of right now, its something doable though if people don't find it enough

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Ok, update i'll quickly run-down.

Made integral changes to how VBot handles STEAMIDs. This could cause issues so please report any seen.

Known issue:

• The current map's in the list have their STEAMID's listed as flags (this is fixed for future maps, and should be ignored)
Improvements:
  • !WebsiteReboot will reboot Vbot's webserver. !reboot should to but this is faster I guess.
  • SteamID's are now represented in their 64 Bit form
  • The data kept for the ServerHistory stuff is now compressed. Not really important for anyone else but it is what it is.
Config Changes:
  • Removed the server-history stuff from being displayed on the website as I found it to be bothersome to browse down. The data is still stored however.
Git Repo update:

For those that don't know VBot is on github: https://github.com/TF2Maps/SteamBotLite

I've recently updated the repo to have example configuration files, and a brief explanation on how to run VBot if anyone wants to run it themselves.

Last edited:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
As requested by @Muddy !commandlist has been added, which will PM a list of all commands VBot currently runs.

Furthermore:
  • There should in the future be no more duplication of Notes and URLS.
  • !forceupload will now properly enforce its syntax
  • brought back !mal (My anime list) search

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
As requested by @Muddy !commandlist has been added, which will PM a list of all commands VBot currently runs.

Furthermore:
  • There should in the future be no more duplication of Notes and URLS.
  • !forceupload will now properly enforce its syntax
  • brought back !mal (My anime list) search
Bring back TF2 wiki as well?

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Small update

• Fixed a bug that was preventing users deleting their own maps
  • !GetOwner <Mapname> will print the map's owner and other info (admin command for now, but will be turned back to User in the future)
  • !UserInfo will print a bit of info about the user
  • Updated libraries to the latest versions (Should do nothing)
These should hopefully help with debugging issues in the future regarding VBot and Deleting. Happy deleting!

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Ok, Major update time:

• Made a major update to the backend and how it deals with showing data on the website.
  • A server history will now be displayed on the website for each server, detailing the mapname, playercount and date played (UTC) for the last few maps
  • A "Map History" will now be displayed, it is a list of the last 3 maps removed from the list, and their reason why.
  • !delete <Reason> now sends the reason to a user, as well as who deleted it
  • The URL displayed in the maplist is now clickable, and hover for "Submitter" now shows the STEAMID
So basically VBot now has support for "Limited" lists, meaning it can have a list that has 5 entries only (or whatever number I choose). This could be used in the future for a "Command History" or other nessecity.

It is important to note that it will reset when the bot is manually rebooted (but not automatically from Ghosting or crash checking).

Please report any bugs and post any requests for what you'd like to see.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Minor update to neaten up some features:

• The site and !commandlist wont append "steambotlite." to modules anymore
  • Deleted Maps will now show 10 maps
  • Server history will now show 10 maps
  • Deleted maps is right below server history now
  • Data on the website will persist after reboot
  • The website's reliability may have improved (Hard to judge as I could never replicate the original bug). It may have gotten worse. If users are having issues accessing please post in here.
  • Fixed time being displayed instead of date

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Backed update
  • !runupdatescript will now update VBot to the latest version.
This should make it easier for anyone else wishing to contribute to VBot to get their changes uploaded, as well as myself. What it does is shut VBot off and run a script that'll close VBot, download the source, compile it, and launch.

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
Can we replace !dallasserver with !usserver and !franfurtserver with !euserver?

E: and add possible !mvmserver for Potato

Last edited:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Update time.
  • Fixed !runupdatescript
  • Added a search feature to the !maps command.
!maps ctf - Returns all maps with "ctf" in them
!maps *ctf* - Retuns all maps with "ctf" in them
!maps *a6c - Returns all maps ending with a6c
!maps ctf* - Returns all maps starting with ctf
!maps - returns all maps

This feature has been designed to help with the MVM contest, so hosts can utilize !maps mvm , however hopefully there's some usefulness that'll carry on!

Please report any and all bugs as soon as possible (Especially because this is the one thing I haven't written unit tests for)

Happy mapping!

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Ok accidental update time

Data logged over several months about server data on mapchange is on the site.This will be removed in a future update so if anyone wants to mess with the data now would be a good time to grab it.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
When a youtube video is linked, VBot now posts the title and duration of the video to chat.

Happy Video-spamming everyone.

Osspial

L2: Junior Member
Jul 21, 2015
It looks like the bot doesn't include video information if there's other text in the message in addition to the youtube link.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Multiple Improvements for the youtube posting feature:
  1. VBot now recognises multiple urls in a post, and will post each of them
  2. VBot now handles text before and after a URL
  3. VBot now will no longer post durations for videos over a day long, instead posting "Over 24 Hours long"
  4. Duration's are now in HH:MM:SS with hours omitted when not necessary
  5. Videos with a timestamp are handled appropriately.
  6. LiveStreams have their time posted as "Stream"
This should be pretty much it, there is a chance that bugs will occur if a video has 0 days, but a week in it (Or maybe not, no clue how the API sends that down) if any happen, do post!

Last edited:

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
I've just added a map with the !add command and the download URL was parsed as notes, not as an URL. Is there a need to use quotes on the last parameter? If so please add that to the instructions.

Also the instructions are not stating what kind of download URL is required. Does it have to be a zip, a bsp, a bzip2? If you find the time add a few words to the first post, please.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Small update:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented admins from updating maps in the map queue

Another update:
  • In the maplist, a URL to the sender's steam page is now clickable
Known bug:
When using URLS on vbot.site, the url doesn't change and you're still "in" vbot.site. This issue doesn't exist when opening with new tabs

Last edited:

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
I am aware of the issues accessing the website via the URL given.
The website is still accessible via direct url, for instance: https://tinyurl.com/Vbotsite

I am really busy right now, so i'll get to fixing it in a week from now. Thank you all for your patience. if you're stuck on anything remember to use !help or /help (whichever it is)

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Ok, major update. Just in time for 72HR
  • VBot.site now links to VBot's website PROPERLY
  • VBot.site is no longer contained in an iframe.
  • Furthermore, this means that clickable links on Vbot.site redirect to the proper page
  • This coincides with an older update, in which maps submitted are now clickable links
Turns out the issue was with the web server settings in VBot, not the DNS (however I assume I fixed two problems at once here).

72HR Reminders.

I would like to remind staff, users, etc. of the following:

1. Remember you can use !maps *_72hr* to only return maps with "72hr" in their name, this could improve imp organisation
  2. !countdownextendedset 4320 72hr - Sets VBot's status to "72:00 72hr" which will increment each minute
  3. !countdownemulate (after setting, use this to post it instantly)
  4. !statusset vbot.site (after removing the countdown with !countdownremove, use this to change it back)
  5. !RunUpdateScript (Hard reboot of VBot, and also updates based from the git feel free to use carelessly if you just need vbot to reboot)
  6. !Serverquery Posts all servers to chat (admin only)
  7. !Active Posts all running servers to chat
  8. !insert , !reposition , (Move maps around the list)
  9. !forceuploaded <true/false> <err msg> (Force maps to be uploaded to the server before they can be added)

Please give a shout if there's any issues, happy mapping