Valve Maps (Decompiled)

Fragancia

L2: Junior Member
Feb 22, 2013
The download links are flagged as phishing sites by Malwarebytes, why is this case?
I was trying to get tr_target to look at how it was done.
Looks like I have to decompile it myself.

EUmtgcg.png

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I can't wait to have a decompiled version of Mercenary Park

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
The download links are flagged as phishing sites by Malwarebytes, why is this case?
I was trying to get tr_target to look at how it was done.
Looks like I have to decompile it myself.

EUmtgcg.png

Must be a false positive, they work fine for me.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Will there be a decompiled Mercenary Park? I do not see it within the list of maps.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017

Harritron

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 26, 2017

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
What's really interesting about Mercenary is the unused room below B, I wonder if it was an easter egg or was just forgotten about during development...

Propably removed/disabled/hid for optimization reasons. It looked like they wanted to give an effect of more deeper facility than it currently seems to be but suddenly rendering all that propably would have tanked framerate momentarily.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
That's interesting that rebrand.ly is being blocked by so many universities... Quite sad as well because it was my alternative to dropbox and an easier way for me to manage downloads through my Amazon S3 box... Is this causing a lot of issues for everyone or is it only a select few on campus? Rebrand.ly is literally just a URL redirect so when I'm managing these in notepad the links aren't 70 characters long and are instead only like 12.

I can look into an alternative solution and again, my apologies for not keeping this updated! I will get updated version released this week for everyone and I for some reason am not getting email notifications about replies to this thread but do get emails when I receive a PM. So if someone notices something and needs my attention please shoot me a PM.

Top link is the rebrandly, bottom link is what is being shortened.
https://rebrand.ly/ctf_2fort

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/tf2maps-decompiledvalvemaps/Valve+Maps+Decompiled/ctf_2fort_d.zip

Last edited:

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Maps updated! Man I was WAAAAY behind, I had to add a total of 10 maps to my lists and create new links for them. I really need to check in more often. :oops:

Marxon

L1: Registered
Apr 4, 2016
Some of the zip files offered are either slightly corrupted or the act of Firefox blocking the download until you confirm that they're "safe" is damaging the I/O on the maps.

I'm writing this to say I found a solution, opening the maps in notepad++ and replacing the invalid characters with commas.
clip.png

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Not sure if another thread has been created or not, but if not I will take some time to go through and update all of the new maps that have been added into TF2. I'll get that done sometime this weekend as I'll have a bit of free time. Happy New Year to everyone!

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
All maps have been updated and the few new ones have been added. Valve is really slowing down on their map releases aren't they? Only like... 3 new maps in the last 13 months, seems like not a lot. Anywho, have fun and let me know if there are any issues!

The Map Man

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2020
Whenever I load a decompiled map thats later than like, 2009, the map is missing huge amounts of textures and props. Anyone know how to fix this?

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Whenever I load a decompiled map thats later than like, 2009, the map is missing huge amounts of textures and props. Anyone know how to fix this?
One problem might be that you are trying to open a campaign map.
Maps that are part of a campaign are not actually bought by Valve. As such, the custom assets used in these maps can not be distributed with the game. Instead, the content is packed into the BSP file.

The term "campaign" referes to events like Gun Mettle, Tough Break, The Invasion Update, or any of the recent Halloween events. What these have in common is that players get contracts to play on the newly added maps. Again, these maps are not actually bought. Instead, the creators get paid depending on how much money the corresponding update made, meaning how many keys or other store exclusive items were sold.

Campaigns have only been a thing since 2015, so I'm surprised that you mention 2009. That is pretty early on for TF2 and all the custom assets of these maps are shipped with the game.
Can you list some specific maps that you are having trouble with?