Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

Doctor_Payne

L1: Registered
Nov 19, 2014
So how exactly to I copy items out of the libraries? Is there a way to open both the two maps on the one hammer window and just copy paste? I've looked at UEAK Crash's video on You tube about this it just doesn't seem to work for me.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
ctrl-tab also scrolls through open windows (like in browsers with many tabs open)

NoodleCollie

Stoat fiend
aa
Jul 30, 2009
I use those buttons if the Window menu doesn't display all of the opened maps (which is often the case), but I shall be using Ctrl-Tab from now on because that's the most useful thing I've learned this year.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Rescale the icon too then?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
hmm I'm not sure if there is a good way to do that, I'd have to look into it. I don't think you can specify a size in the FGD, scaling the VTF directly would make it look awful (assuming that would even affect Hammer's rendering of it), maybe a VMT scaling would work. But then again it might be too small to help :p

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Considering you generally put a sky_camera in the middle where there's a big hole cut out for the map to go, size shouldn't really be an issue.

NoodleCollie

Stoat fiend
aa
Jul 30, 2009
To be honest I'd be more for a sky camera marker like the decal marker, where the central point is clearly specified. The most crucial thing for 3D skyboxes is knowing exactly where the original map origin is in relation to the skybox geometry, and I worry a very large icon might make that more difficult.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
So, a pile of new props for asteroid? Perhaps you can do an unstable prop library map?

And really, if you want to do icons for the new entities, then you should be working on them now, things are getting rather stable there. If you want to that is.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
I have been really busy the past couple months with a lot on my plate. I haven't even looked at asteroid since the art started arriving.
With the massive amount of props we have now, I was kinda leaning toward the idea someone had of splitting out the really unique themes that don't mix in with generic TF2 and putting them in their own library.
I really wish I could write a new model browser plugin for Hammer at this point, the library concept is getting unwieldy :p or even an external browser program that could inject data into Hammer's clipboard to paste the prop in... I'm not sure if that's possible, probably above my skill level.

But yeah, maybe in January I'll find some time to settle down and work through this.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I've actually been thinking that it would be neat if we had a prop library website/program that had all of the props listed and tagged with thumbnails. That way, you'd be able to categorize props by whatever means you wanted. The small dynamite crates, for example, might be tagged things like box, crate, mining, spam, etc. and it'd also be easier to browse (because thumbnails).

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
That's exactly what I was thinking about for a program/plugin, and a website would definitely be easier since it could be updated "live" rather than users having to keep up to date, but that's outside my area of expertise. If someone who knew how would like to do it I'd be willing to assist somehow.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
You could try contacting the guys who made mods.tf. I'm sure they could put together something like this without a problem.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
You could try contacting the guys who made mods.tf. I'm sure they could put together something like this without a problem.

That would be smashman and nassimo. I can put people on contact with them if you'd like, or can talk to them myself.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I've got just a little bit of experience in web development, but I've been meaning to learn more. I'll try scrapping something together on my own website, but I have no idea if I'll be able to figure it out.