Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
There is always the option of asking for icon contributions.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
The "Material Browser" improvements necessitate overriding some of the default materials. This may cause problems when playing on pure servers!

So has this been an actual issue on pure servers? And if so, what pure settings? What are the pure settings for tf2maps and valve servers anyway?

I avoid installing that portion of the resource pack so I don't run into issues, but I'm wondering if it's actually a serious problem or just a potential one.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I don't actually know. I haven't had any reports of it. Not installing it doesn't help figure out if/what the problems are. That notice was put in as a precautionary, because I suspected it could do something based on my prior knowledge of pure, but I have no evidence.

Ctrl Alt Defeat

L1: Registered
Jun 10, 2014
D0SDB4j.png

I'm confused, I enabled filter control, but nothing's there. I don't know where I go to enable the prop groups (by the way thanks for fixing the install directory so TF2 doesn't break :))

Ctrl Alt Defeat

Jun 10, 2014
The prop library is its own map file you need to open up. The visgroups are part of the map. It isn't any kind of built in Hammer feature.

Ah, I see. Thanks, I Found it. So I'd just copy and paste the props as I needed into a map, and use pakrat or something of the sort to pack it all into the bsp?

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Copy and paste, yes. Pakrat, no. This doesn't GIVE you props, it only shows you default ones that are part of the game as it ships. Everyone already has them.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
MVM already exists in library format in mvm_example and RD isn't final enough to make a library for yet. So much could change.

Vastrix

Aug 11, 2014
ah yea :)

Tho adding the essentials to one library might be interesting?

Last edited:

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
MVM already exists in library format in mvm_example
But currently there lacks a control point based one though. And even though it would require extra work for the popfile and map pathing (specificly prerequisites) its still not a bad idea to have such map.
(and im aware that it can take a while to create it)

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I made a bit of a promotional/ quick-tip video on this pack. I have had a lot of people asking me why my Hammer looks different (especially the spawn ents) so I wanted something up to help get it out there more!

Last edited by a moderator:

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
That's pretty great, even covers all the little important details. When I'm not so tired I'll slap a link to it in the main post all pretty-like because I think it could help go a long way for giving a quick rundown of what exactly this is about.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Do you feel inspired to do icons for the new entities? Valve sure wasn't.