The Mappers Medallion, what it is, and how to get it.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
If you're anything like me, they'll creep up on you and everyone will be half-done before you even realise there's a contest going on.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Give a medal please! That's all I wanted for all this 2 years! My bad english, I do not know about artpass competition. I not have participated :(

I'll cry if I do not get!

... This is actually the first person to directly ask for a medal.

Like Hell jumper said, take 1st 2nd, or 3rd in this contest or any other future contest, and I will gladly give you it.

But until then, no. You can not get it. (and how you went through 3.4k hrs of TF2 and 700hrs of SDK and didn't know about the contests is beyond me)

*Hands a tissue*

VODKA45

L1: Registered
Jul 15, 2010
I worked in Hamer, more than 700 hours (offline mode for a long time)
thanks for the info! Only I did not understand where to download content?

Last edited:

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
It's been a while since I've acutally contributed to this community but I'm glad that you appreciate my work on this site enough to give me the medallion. Thank you!

Anyway, I'd like to share with you this hilarious offer I just got from this guy:

captain ragequit: so uhh
captain ragequit: how do you feel on doing deals?
Gadget | TF2Maps: about what?
captain ragequit: well... bear with me here...
captain ragequit: If I paid you an unusual... would you just... i dunno.. slap my name on a few of your upcoming maps? I understand if you're against this and it's completely fine with me if you dont want to do it. I just like the medal alot but mapping seems pretty tough. I have a large sum of money at the moment so I could buy a decent unusual and pay you once i get the medal. If that sounds fishy, I have alot of sourceop rep, and I also have a self made. Once again, if you have a strong moral stance against this, then sorry for bothering and I won't pester you about it again.
Gadget | TF2Maps: thanks for offering but I'm not a tiny bit interested in your money or any unusual hat. If you'd like to get one of those medals please contribute some valuable work to the community
captain ragequit: alrigjht then
captain ragequit: sorry

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Alright, all contributors to the swamp/construction pack who didn't already get a medal from the artpass or being staff or being just plain awesome should now find their medals in their backpacks.

I'll be doing the contest winners hopefully by the end of this weekend. I just need people's help in getting me all the major contest winners! ... I can find a few, but if people could help me locate the rest, that would be wonderful (no, you do not get a medal for helping)

Jun 19, 2009
It's been a while since I've acutally contributed to this community but I'm glad that you appreciate my work on this site enough to give me the medallion. Thank you!

Anyway, I'd like to share with you this hilarious offer I just got from this guy:

That guy basically did the same thing with Ronin and his items. He gave Ronin a HOUWAR in exchange for credit for an item he didn't even make.

Thanks for sharing this, though! Got a good laugh!

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
That guy basically did the same thing with Ronin and his items. He gave Ronin a HOUWAR in exchange for credit for an item he didn't even make.

Thanks for sharing this, though! Got a good laugh!

It's people like this that i really hate about the TF2 player base. Oh well...