The Love & War Update, Day 2

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Jun 18, 2014.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Click here for Day Two of our lead-up to the Love & War Update, showcasing the new weapons we're shipping—including the return of an old classic, the debut of some powerful newcomers, and the must-have accessory for the merc who has everything: boxing gloves made out of tumor-filled sentient bread.

Source: TF2.com

2. Sheltr

Sheltr L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Demo knight is back!

3. Shanghai

Shanghai L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is that new shield really just a direct upgrade? Seems a little odd.

4. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    it's a direct downgrade in the sense that you're not using the sticky launcher and are likely contributing nothing to your team

5. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    It's out? Already?

Valve, where's this space base? Cmon.

6. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    ...700 MB update... what...

7. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    Speaking of the sticky launcher, comp is gonna be pissed about the damage nerf. More like stinky launcher amirite????

8. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Farewell, sweet days of Win-Bombing. Yours is naught but a cherished memory.

9. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    it sure is entertaining to read the...feedback on the subject

10. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was hoping for at least one new map. :(

11. ManBeaR

ManBeaR L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    They are probably gonna add one tomorrow

12. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds and voice lines for taunts.

13. ManBeaR

ManBeaR L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    They are probably gonna add one tomorrow

14. Corvatile

aa Corvatile exercise cawtion

Positive Ratings:
    Are we even getting another day? I thought they only launched an update once all of it was announced? I'll be honest, I'm a bit pissed if this wall they added. /spoiledbrat

Also they nerfed the Axetinguisher. My life has ended.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    I'm half expecting an other update today that will reverse the nerfs and confirm that valve was in fact trolling. please let it be true

16. puxorb

aa puxorb L69: Emoticon

Positive Ratings:
    I am so glad they nerfed the axtinguisher. Now you can actually survive longer than .4 seconds in a hallway with a spammy crit-pyro.

17. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Surprisingly many of these changes were on Tightrope before, if not these exact variants. Personally I think almost all the changes are in the right direction, glad to see significant changes made official. Demos and Heavies will survive after the initial whining stops

The BASE Jumper of course will influence how maps are designed quite a bit. Higher skyboxes people

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure I understand the big deal with the demo sticky changes. Since I don't play demo often, could I get an ELI5 of the changes and impact?

19. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Stickybombs start at reduced damage now (around half) and only reach full pre-nerf damage when they've been out for 2 seconds. Makes instant detonations much weaker

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Corvatile

aa Corvatile exercise cawtion

Positive Ratings:
    It seems bizarre how Valve are actively nerfing strategies that involve actually ambushing enemies. The Axtinguisher perfectly reflected how Pyros were supposed to be played; you can only ignite and hit someone if you catch them off-guard. If you seriously can't kill a Pyro in a hallway then that's your problem.

The new mechanic of hitting enemies from behind is ridiculous. You have to ignite them first! Who the hell is not going to turn and shoot at the person setting them on fire? Not to mention the fact that minicrits do jack shit. An Axtinguisher hit against a burning player does only 8 damage more than a Backscratcher hit against a non-burning player.

Each Axtinguisher hit vs a burning player now deals 44 damage on average. That means it takes 6 hits to kill a full-health Heavy, ignoring the flame damage which is basically negligible if you only do a puff. The Axtinguisher can swing every 0.8s so it will take 4.8 seconds to kill a Heavy, provided you don't miss. Heavies do not take 4.8 seconds to notice a Pyro has ignited them.

Now all of the Pyro players will migrate to the Powerjack- you watch. People will become head-on rushers and then everyone will complain that nobody is playing Pyro properly. The Powerjack will get nerfed and Pyro will be totally useless again.