The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
When are you getting around to fixing the textures that are uncompressed or have unused alphas, by the way? I would have expected that to get rolled out like a day after it was discovered as a hotfix.

donhonk

L1: Registered
Jul 14, 2016
When are you getting around to fixing the textures that are uncompressed or have unused alphas, by the way? I would have expected that to get rolled out like a day after it was discovered as a hotfix.

I think most of us went into a coma following release. I got back from being gone for a long time and just did my share of that work literally today. Expect that soon.

Hey, i have a few questions:

1. If we use just a few textures, who do we credit? I'm going to use a few Frontline textures on RC3 of plr_hierarch. Not enough to make Hierarch a frontline map by any means, but a few of those trims and patches are way superior to anything i have at hand right now.
2. Is it okay to alter some of the textures if we credit the Frontline team or the original artist (see 1?) I have one texture in mind that i need a variation of, specifically overlays/battlefieldgrasspatch001.

1. Credits are in OP.
2. Contact original artist for alterations imo!

Model requests are still okay, right?

A bunk-bed for spawn-rooms could be cool.

Bunk beds are on the list! SOOOOON

Last edited:

Rytu

Jul 21, 2016
Can someone send me the non-photoshop version of the thumbnail wich is still transparent (i use photophiltre you see) cant seem to find it anywhere on internet...

Will reward you !

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
Can someone send me the non-photoshop version of the thumbnail wich is still transparent (i use photophiltre you see) cant seem to find it anywhere on internet...

Will reward you !
just download gimp it supports photoshop files

PigeonVerde

Aug 6, 2016

Will reward you !

Well since I am bored I ported the thumbnail into a paint.net (.pnd) format!

Also i think i may rebuild the whole layout of the map :v

Attachments

• frontlinethumbinal in pnd.zip
    310.1 KB · Views: 165

Tecminer

Jun 3, 2015
I found this model in the SFM beta files and wanted to suggest for someone to maybe make this a minigun or perhaps even a sentry-reskin:
gm_disten0000.jpg

I would do it myself but i have literally no experience in both modelling and texturing.
Fyi the model is old_engy_sentry

❋Treltheis❋

Aug 21, 2016
Hello, I am wondering if there is any way for me to help!
I am not a content creator exactly, I mean I am decent with audio but that is beside the point.
I would love to support this update, but I don't know how!
Can I donate or something? Maybe give exposure?
I would love to help very much!
Cheers.

Jul 6, 2015
Hello, I am wondering if there is any way for me to help!
I am not a content creator exactly, I mean I am decent with audio but that is beside the point.
I would love to support this update, but I don't know how!
Can I donate or something? Maybe give exposure?
I would love to help very much!
Cheers.
Maybe you can contribute a map using the content pack, or feature it on a YT video or something on a live stream if you just want to get the word out!

Tacoman_

Nov 19, 2014

(click image for steam page)
I made an unusual for this project. Since all of you are probably better at names than I am, I appreciate all name ideas.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
'Nother petty nitpick: Do the awnings and flags need to have thickness? 'Cause they're... pretty thick. I noticed this when I went to get a closer look at a legit issue, which is that the awnings have these weird stripes on the inside that aren't there on the outside. I know it's possible to have faces that have the same coordinates but are textured on opposite sides.