TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe the medal just being for entering makes it pretty meaningless, i'd say possibly make it for getting in the showcase.
A participation medal is no bad idea at all. We have seen it with the winter workshop event aswel.
It still has a meaning which is that participating even with bad things is still better than not at all. Not everyone can dedicate the 72h for it, so they already are going to be capped at maybe just 16h. For those it would still be nice if no status was attached, as that would make it feel like 'i never had a chance'/'i dont have a chance'. From most 72h contests i often see the same list of contenders getting quite far. Yet you want new people to enter.

I like the new 72h format as its free for anything you want. I cant get the time to make an entire map in 72h (hell, finishing a small map easily takes me over a year), but i do have the time to get a popfile in a state it would be playable and maybe even have its major problems removed.

You can make it as hard as you want, but the idea that you have a chalenge is what the 72h should be. Wether its easy for someone else should be irrelevant. Thats why the removing of the contest part was ideal. Now you can set a chalenge you think is reachable. And even if you failed it, you at least dont have to worry about being a loser. Everyone is a winner!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Applying it retroactively would take a big load of time - I'll see what I can do though.
For the older contest versions is should be just a case of digging up the submission threads and picking out usernames, not sure what you did for the jam version since I wasn't taking part I wasn't paying attention

Hosomi

L3: Member
Jun 15, 2016
I'm going for a koth map. My first enntry on this site, although not my first map for tf2.
Already got most of the plan in my head ready. I think I'm competent enough to do the brushwork and detailing in 72hr. May need help with the testing though.
Looking forward to it.

Still don't have a name for the map though

Last edited:

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010

BenCo

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 30, 2015
Is it allowed again to make your thing in 3 days not the same time? I don't know if I'll be free at july 22.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Is it allowed again to make your thing in 3 days not the same time? I don't know if I'll be free at july 22.
Yup, you can do your own 72hr jam that fits within your schedule. Though I believe it may lessen your chance of getting into the showcase, especially if you schedule your's after the official one. I also believe you need to post your dates in this thread, so that the people running the event will know when you are doing your thing.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Will make KOTH, with a thing that rotates that kills you when it hits you. And then for good measure I'll put a healthpack underneath that thing because I'm evil.

Or at least I'll try to make the thing that rotates, and then maybe have a map around at a later date.

Oct 6, 2008
Going to make a new multiple payload map with 15 Payloads, 25 objectives and 450 HUD display on the screen this time!!

And will it be so scale? Of course not!

Hosomi

L3: Member
Jun 15, 2016
I got so excited and started working on the map today, thinking the jam was this weekend.
I started at 18:00 and learned of my mistake at 21:30. I stopped working after that. Is the map still eligible?

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
nah son. It has to be made during the 3 day period unless you message an admin that you are doing it during a different period (which you probably didn't do). You can read the first page of the thread for details.