Test Mapping

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
Threatening people with violence probably isn't the best way to get people to start giving constructive criticism...

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Threatening people with violence probably isn't the best way to get people to start giving constructive criticism...
Its their fault from personally attacking me threw the feedback.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Nope! Your behaviour is never anybody but your own''s fault. Please stay civil to other members of the community.
Well then dont let them be attacking me due to being a bad mapper

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
Well then dont let them be attacking me due to being a bad mapper

Try to stop taking everything as a personal attack and try to view things in a more objective manner?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Please show me the posts in which people were attacking you so that we can resolve that appropriately.
Its every time i play on my map to test it out. Its on mics

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Try to stop taking everything as a personal attack and try to view things in a more objective manner?
Well then dont do the attacks.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Then the next time it happens report it to a moderator and we will deal with it.
I did. When they came into, They stopped and when mod left, they started back up. It wont help.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
I see you didn't read my post. I'll repeat: instead of knee-jerk replying to every post here, please please please just take some time to read every single reply in this thread.

I honestly get the impression that you're not taking anything onboard and you're perceiving every comment as an attack on you, which is entirely untrue. We're trying to help you, but as it stands, you're making it very difficult when you seemingly ignore our advice.

This'll be my last post in this thread. To the rest of you: have fun

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Then the next time it happens report it to a moderator and we will deal with it.
Voild came into the match, they stopped and when he left they started back up. Then when berry was on the server they only laughed at me due to me being not good at the game. Then he/she told me not to go into spectator because it was my map that i was working on and i did not want to get my ass kicked so i when into spectator. After Berry left the people on the server told me that my map was a1 when it had 14 updates.

Kreg

L2: Junior Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hey FishyBuberMiffin,

I'm sorry if you feel you're being attacked by people, but as muddy said we're trying to help you. I feel that everyone who has replied to this topic is just trying to get you to see a healthier perspective on things. Please consider taking a closer analysis of what people are trying to tell you. I think you might find that what they are saying is useful.

I can say I have had many issues with people being un-kind to me in similar scenarios. People's offensive behavior is really just a fact of life that you have to learn to work with. It's true that people's poor behavior is not excusable, but it's up to you what you do with it.
I feel that I may have two videos that may help you perceive things better, and help you have confidence going forward.

Please consider watching these two videos:

Video 1
Video 2

Last edited:

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Hey FishyBuberMiffin,

I'm sorry if you feel you're being attacked by people, but as muddy said we're trying to help you. I feel that everyone who has replied to this topic is just trying to get you to see a healthier perspective on things. Please consider taking a closer analysis of what people are trying to tell you. I think you might find that what they are saying is useful.

I can say I have had many issues with people being un-kind to me in similar scenarios. People's offensive behavior is really just a fact of life that you have to learn to work with. It's true that people's poor behavior is not excusable, but it's up to you what you do with it.
I feel that I may have two videos that may help you perceive things better, and help you have confidence going forward.

Please consider watching these two videos:

Video 1
Video 2

So i watch both videos,

First one
What to Do About Being Clumsy
It was good. It says to me that everyone is clumsy but nobody talks about it. We should live it with as a friend. But the issues is that its not privite its full of a sever filled with people. Its hard not to be frustated as people laugh at you.

The scound one
The Problem With Perfectionism
I see that it takes time to be good at a thing, There will be struggles but in most that is in private, like in a office or a house. This was a sever filled with people. I know it wont be a1 to a2 it will be a great map. But when it was from a1 to c1 that really bothered me because i have done so much and had so many changes to the map. and people still think its a1 and that is in public. That makes me angry and the only way that i found to let out my anger is to punch something, anything, like a wall, desk, bed, and one self.

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
But when it was from a1 to c1 that really bothered me because i have done so much and had so many changes to the map. and people still think its a1 and that is in public. That makes me angry and the only way that i found to let out my anger is to punch something, anything, like a wall, desk, bed, and one self.
Read what killohurtz wrote again.
From what I understand, they said that because you're not versioning your maps the same way as everyone else. Alpha (denoted by a1, a2, etc.) typically means you're still working on the layout, and aren't worried about making it look good yet. Beta (b1, b2, etc.) means the layout is more or less finished and you've moved on to detailing. After that, Release Candidate (rc) tells everyone that you're pretty much done with the map. You can have as many numbers in each version as you need, not just 1-9.

You can version however you want, but I would advise sticking to this system so that people can easily tell how far along in development you are.
People though that c1 means rc1 and your map just cleary wasn't release candidate, so they said what they said. Next time, use normal version strings to avoid this misunderstanding or ignore this type of comments.

Kreg

L2: Junior Member
Jun 27, 2016
So i watch both videos,

First one
What to Do About Being Clumsy
It was good. It says to me that everyone is clumsy but nobody talks about it. We should live it with as a friend. But the issues is that its not privite its full of a sever filled with people. Its hard not to be frustated as people laugh at you.

The scound one
The Problem With Perfectionism
I see that it takes time to be good at a thing, There will be struggles but in most that is in private, like in a office or a house. This was a sever filled with people. I know it wont be a1 to a2 it will be a great map. But when it was from a1 to c1 that really bothered me because i have done so much and had so many changes to the map. and people still think its a1 and that is in public. That makes me angry and the only way that i found to let out my anger is to punch something, anything, like a wall, desk, bed, and one self.

I think what I got from that response is that you feel people are telling you aren't making any progress. Is that correct?

Possibly this will help you see things differently: (I was in the server when people were telling you to change to an _a# extension to your level)

As I have come to understand it maps have roughly three stages. These stages are Alpha, Beta, and Completion/Release Candidate.
These stages are indicated within the name of your map so people have a general idea of where the map is in development.

Now I believe you are somewhat familiar with that idea already.
Here's what I believe people what were trying to tell you:

You had a map with a label at the end of it that people thought meant that your map was near completion. They were trying to get you to correct this.

edit:
Now in terms of dealing with your anger, you're just going to have to not let things get to you. As someone said before, you're giving people on the internet too much control of your feelings. Again, it's up to you how you receive people's words and/or actions.

Last edited:

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Read what killohurtz wrote again.

People though that c1 means rc1 and your map just cleary wasn't release candidate, so they said what they said. Next time, use normal version strings to avoid this misunderstanding or ignore this type of comments.
Well i could not because the I did not know that you can go higher then 9 because when i hit 10 the sever uploader so i changed it to B1 then i just kept going. So next i went to C. If you had looked at my update name, there was a pattern. A very easy pattern to follow.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I think what I got from that response is that you feel people are telling you aren't making any progress. Is that correct?

Possibly this will help you see things differently: (I was in the server when people were telling you to change to an _a# extension to your level)

As I have come to understand it maps have roughly three stages. These stages are Alpha, Beta, and Completion/Release Candidate.
These stages are indicated within the name of your map so people have a general idea of where the map is in development.

Now I believe you are somewhat familiar with that idea already.
Here's what I believe people what were trying to tell you:

You had a map with a label at the end of it that people thought meant that your map was near completion. They were trying to get you to correct this.

edit:
Now in terms of dealing with your anger you're just going to have to not let things get to you. As someone said before you're giving people on the internet too much control of your feelings. Ultimately it's up to you how you receive people's words and/or actions, as I said previously.
Well i could not because the I did not know that you can go higher then 9 because when i hit 10 the sever uploader so i changed it to B1 then i just kept going. So next i went to C. If you had looked at my update name, there was a pattern. A very easy pattern to follow.