Teamwork.tf Map Stats are live!

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
teamwork_tf_banner.png

If you've been around the community for a long time, you may remember an old now defunct site where you could search for you map and see all the servers that have played your map, when they last did so, and how many people were on it. This was an extremely handy tool to use to see how far your map has gotten into the community, and was a big loss when it stopped working!

Well fortunately for us, the creator of teamwork.tf has redeveloped an even bigger, better, and prettier map stats tool!

Here's a word on it straight from the creators mouth:
Are you interested to see how much a map is played within TF2? With the new map statistics page you can see how many players played on a map, when and where. It aggregates statistics from all servers (Valve, Community, Competitive) and provides useful graphs to see how a map is being played on. It is also possible to see the complete server list of servers who ran the map (at some point, in the last 14 days).

So be sure to check it out, search for your projects and others, and see what you data you can mine from this great new tool at our disposal! If you have any questions, feedback, or thanks for the creator, feel free to leave them here and I'll make sure he sees.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

Moth

L2: Junior Member
Jul 3, 2016
Dt0AV3oNRIuwnZFHCmyMLQ.png

Now i'm sad.

vulduv

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 12, 2016
this tool will be helpfull to see all those zero players that play my maps. :p no but in all seriousnes! this tool will be realy helpfull for us mappers. :3

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Well I did release the VMF publicly a while back, so I don't really mind that much. I'm all for people taking my work and doing whatever the hell they want with it, as long as they don't try to pass it off as their own.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I think there's also a chance that it's using the thumbnail from your map even though it is a completely different one, because I'm browsing the map list and it seems like lots of thumbnails are off

byuhlHE.png

teamwork.tf

L1: Registered
May 20, 2016
Now i'm sad.

In defence, the community servers have a much larger spread over maps than compared to the Valve servers. The maps showed in the "top unofficial maps" list is roughly only 20% of players on community servers at the moment (if you check the pie chart here: https://teamwork.tf/community/statistics). The "top official maps" is covering > 80% of all the players at the moment (which is bumped by the Valve servers, but note that community servers are also incorporated into these stats).

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
This is actually nice usefull tool. There used to be similiar years ago on another site but it got defunct and shutdown.

I had no idea so many servers run maps made by me. That actually encourages me to do more in the future.

teamwork.tf

L1: Registered
May 20, 2016
Also about the incorrect thumbnails: It's a known issue but it's very hard to fix as a lot of entries on the workshop and gamebanana don't have the exact map name (as it's used in the game) in their title or description. Also check https://teamwork.tf/faq for that.

It's on the bucket list, but it will take time for that to work more sufficiently.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
What I'd like to see is maps being attributed to their authors when they are on the Steam workshop.

If teamwork.tf reads your profile and sees you have a map on the workshop, it should be able to identify which map it is. That would help makers find who is playing their maps and where, and let people follow specific creators and find servers that play their maps.

Last edited: