PL snowycoast B6

Antarctic Payload Map

1. GroundCode_

GroundCode_ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So I thought someone else would notice it by now, or maybe you've already fixed it but; At the sentry balcony, there is a bit of a bug.
    If you come over here and look up you'll see this: There is a hole. It's also one of those holes that breaks and is very weird to look at. (You know, that bug/thing where the sky box starts copying over things from the map and starts to light up to white) ^ Bad Pic ^

Also cool, first thing on 8th page! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think that sightline is too big of a deal considering there are two routes that, if used, will put RED players in a perfect spot to mince any snipers standing there.

What he said. Typically BLU rushes down that side flank (the one closest to last, the opposite one Alias mentions) and just attacks RED from the other side. I still think C needs a little shoring up to be "just right." Once C is balanced, I'll add another flank to 1st/2nd and flow should be pretty decent overall.

3. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish_pool

Positive Ratings:
    Well, whatever you change to 1st/2nd, DON'T change the little underground way that opens after 1st is capped.

That route (going in via the balcony overlooking 2nd)+Backburner+Detonator-jumping=best flanking route of any map, and I mean that. You Deto-jump in, go down the stairs where a medium healthpack awaits, and then you pop your head out of the entrance on BLU's side where you're still fully covered by a see-trough fence on your right and a hallway with a medium health kit on your left so you're safe to hang around for a while to wait for the perfect moment to strike. Case and point: the same match as in my last screenshot (of that massive Engineer nest) started as some sort of a steamroll trough first for BLU. Well, until I got 6 people (including a fully charged Medic) just past that point with my good ol' Backburner. They struggled to get trough B which gave our 5 Engineers (cuz Valve pubs) more than enough time to completely lock down C.

4. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish_pool

Positive Ratings:
    Got some more stuff:

[​IMG]
    This door is slightly recessed into the wall but isn't clipped, making people get stuck there.

[​IMG]
    This door here is Z-fighting with the frame it goes in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  5. GroundCode_

Positive Ratings:
    So one thing that is really annoying is trying to set up as an Engineer on last, behind the warehouse at the excavation site, even before they open the door. When you know the attackers will open the door before you have time to set up in the warehouse, you go and start to set up outside the doors. However, if the attacking team is really strong they already have players behind the warehouse stopping Engineers from setting up. They use this route to get behind the defenders and it's very overpowered:

Taking this flank before the warehouse door opens gives players the ability to easily kill Engineer's who are trying to set up here...
    and trying to defend the door from here.

It's really effective because all the defenders, except the Engineers, are up front attacking while the Engineers are at the back setting up and very vulnerable. I also like using the spot above because it's good for defending before and after the door opens, but they're are some really weird angles where attackers can shoot at the sentry and the sentry can't target them. (also Demomen like to shoot stickies over the wall and just destroy any nest that's been set up here, but you decide if you'd like having these things in place or not)
    My recommendation for making behind the doors easier to set up at would be to:
    Step 1: Close either this door...

or the one on the other side, and open it when the warehouse door opens. This would prevent the attackers from accessing behind the warehouse before it's opened and depending on what side you put the door on would make a really nice sentry nest spot for either team. (Or alternatively you could create a door on this side that will only open for RED players and a door on the other side that only opens for BLU players and have a pretty fun, cool, and neat part of the map. Also this way both teams have access to the health pack and ammo in that room. Both doors open, allowing both teams to pass through, when warehouse door opens)
    Step 2: Add a new flank route into the warehouse that doesn't let attackers get behind the warehouse until the door opens, maybe one that utilizes the rooms under RED's final spawn(?).
    Also at C there s no sentry spot that really compliments sentries that are up here:

I thought I saw something in a post about an alcove being added to the wall behind me, maybe an elevated platform as well, to compliment this spot. Is that being added?
    (And one other thing if you do end up doing that two door thing to that one flank, maybe make it so a disguised spy could go through the other team's door as way to counter the Engineers and make them not so overpowered?)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  6. GroundCode_

Positive Ratings:
    Actually wait, I had a better idea! (Ignore the idea in my other post, this incorporates it better) In this spot: You should have a RED-only door here that disguised Spy's can pass through to counter Engineers that are defending in this spot: (or maybe not idk)
    And maybe add a new flank route into the warehouse if you think it's necessary.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DaDema

DaDema L-3: Not very succesful map maker

Positive Ratings:
    Wow. This map looks good

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Skittelz Pie

Skittelz Pie L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not for me. My resolution shows yours the first on the 12th page. Just something to know.

9. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    A two month bump for that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skittelz Pie

Skittelz Pie L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    My mistake. I could've made a post about the screen resolution and chat thing.