Slate

Slate b2

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I dont know what to say, I've never seen it do anything like that. I had a claim of a dodgey cap ages back from 2f2f but not sure what happened there either.

Will look into it.

And to everyone who was very disturbed by the short time and small capture areas who played last night. Through the alpha versions its what we found to be most fun, a hard objective (red can easily swamp the point) with a short time limit to put pressure on blu to push hard and to push together.

If blu isnt working as a team in their pushes, you'll run out of time.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
I think that was a little bit over the top actions to hide your identity in my opinion. That also explains why Icy was so youmeish, tho that couldve been just cause you were IRL friends.

I like the map, tho I think I need a few more playtests since ive only played this once before I can say anything more about it

E:

So like the original dustbowl in TFC with flag captures?
yup pretty much.

So even tho its kinda much just a recreation of another map its still allowed to enter the contest o_O

Last edited:

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
My real name is Ardkaa :)

Took a look through this map, it's changed SO much from the alpha that I saw before.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
I always knew there was something fishy about this map... It was started by you, and then continued by an icy mouse who was supposed to be a rl friend of yours, while you were away... Probably the only reason I didn't suspect this was the fact that I'm a pretty new member here and thought icy was an old user.

Feb 14, 2008
I knew it all along... mainly because Youme told me he was creating a secret alias.

Still it was an interesting experiment eh? Now how are you gonna recoup the costs of the games you bought for the AIM account :)

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Here are some clipping issues I found, but I dont think you should remove them all. Its fun to use smaller clipping issues sometimes to surprise enemies or sneak past them (as Spy, of course :p), at least if they are really subtle and unnoticable. Remove the overpowered ones tho. And as i forgot to add some comments into the ingame chat while screenshotting, ill add the needed ones here instead.

ctf_slate_b10023
If done properly you can jump high and shoot over the house, which can be hard due to the skybox brush on the left tho. Might be bigger problem with nade-spamming Demomen than Soldiers

ctf_slate_b10030
On top of CP 1-1 (I think), there are some roof-support beams, which you can stand on. You can probably stand on all, but I only screenied the middle one.

ctf_slate_b10035-38
Seems you forgot to put something behind that, so you can just jump straight over it, and then walk around behind the playerclip there, and basically be kinda invulnerable. REMOVE ASAP!!!

Also, put more detail on top of the cliffs, they are so empty and when you rocket jump you see its just nodraw :(

In exchange to this post I demand to know if I'm just stupid or are the big rocks here custom. If they are, SHARE!

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I knew from the start. My posts even got deleted 'cause I suspected something was up.

I never actually noticed the anagram though.

It sucked.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
In exchange to this post I demand to know if I'm just stupid or are the big rocks here custom. If they are, SHARE!

Nothing custom in that screenshot. None of the custom content in this map is being released. with the exception of the swamp stuff which already has been.

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
you.are.weird :eek:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Wow quality of posts degrading somewhat.

Fixed invisible wall issue.
rock models are custom, as is the bridge w/ cave.
I know icy was different from me, get used to it! :p

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Pretty sure I bitched about Youme with Icy Mouse once.
Anyway, theres bound to be some breach of forum rules making an alt, maybe you should ban yourself :p

Soz 'bout offtopic post btw!