Mann Manor

CP Mann Manor Final release

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Don't worry, boy, you will be soon enough.

Nov 14, 2009
idk why everyone thinks that this is the best map since 2fort (he he he)

I mean, its nice and all, but there are other entries, notably Gooba and Ace, which have as much of a shot at the win as this map.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
It does something completely new that ties into the TF2 mythos. A lot of people really like both that the map interacts with the evolving story and that YM went a completely new direction rather than doing something established. I like a couple of the other entries pretty well, but I can definitely support the enthusiasm for getting such a unique map as this in the game for everyone to play.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Whilst people bum the map for it's new content i feel the map suffers from some terrible issues. Most particularly prop clutter.

Literally every room in the mansion has its corners and even walls filled with wide cumbersome models. Unless the player stands in the middle of a room he's gonna clip a sofa or a vase or a coffe table, even a doorframe (which is the worst clipping sin besides allowing players to out right escape a maps bounds).

The map is pretty and does something new, but it delves too deeply into the lore than maps generally allow which is just something that personally bothers me. IE when you capture the map, are we supposed to assume BLU kill redmond? That's a pretty significant event right there. Even the announcer is never shown yet we are presented with redmond in all his magnificence.

The mansion has no consistent appearence on the outside, the map feels like a prop gallery than a gameplay area and the mansion suffers from props invading the play space. I don't know whether this map was play tested but if it was i can only imagine people were blinded by its originality and pretty aesthetics :( as to these major fundamental flaws.

But, it doesn't matter what anyone says, because the response is always "But it has Redmon in it!".

If anything it was an excellent experiment. But the theme and execution can be significantly refined.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
idk why everyone thinks that this is the best map since 2fort (he he he)

I mean, its nice and all, but there are other entries, notably Gooba and Ace, which have as much of a shot at the win as this map.

Gooba and Ace's are both too cluttered and unoptimized. While they look nice, playing on them would be a nightmare.

the mansion suffers from props invading the play space.
I honestly never had this problem. The only thing that ever got in my way were the opened doors. (which, btw, please take out :( They bring nothing but pain)

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You've said the props everywhere grazr, are bad for spies. I've heard multiple people say exactly the opposite.

:confused:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
The game is 3 years old! It's about time one team captures the other team's leader and treats him to cake.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You've said the props everywhere grazr, are bad for spies. I've heard multiple people say exactly the opposite.

:confused:

The odd barrel or rock to perch on, is fine, as a spy, if you can get onto them. It means you're less likely to get bumped into. Reference: badwater, 2fort. But balancing ontop of a fancy vase or candle stick just feels more like a map exploit than legitimate gameplay.

My main point was about engineers and general gameplay. Take this as an example. You have at least 14 (that are visible) props that prevent people from hugging the wall for cover from doorways or setting up a sentry position that isn't significantly exposed. I'm not saying there arn't spots... it's just the fact that you've filled every corner. Why was that felt necessery? Even if you just removed the sofa in the far corner there you'd create an open space for engineers to put a teleporter.

Corners and wall space are an integral part of TF2 gameplay and you don't have any :( (at least not in the mansion).

edit: I second the removal of the open doors.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Just imagine that the wall is slightly thicker and that there are no props there, since I've lined every wall and corner, how is it any different?