Harbor

CP Harbor A5

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
I don't use these, too much work, and Manifests make them pointless

Anyway TMB I am not sure you understand the scale and scope of work that this map requires. Good luck, but it seems like all you're doing is making minor changes to a map that doesn't flow quite right and is above your pay grade, if you know what I mean. I won't stop you from doing anything you want, but my intention was that much more experienced mappers would take the project on, if anyone.
Well, first thanks for this amazing map, i know its hard to work on it but i think i can finish it. I didnt make any changes cause i need feedback, the map have been played sometimes and i fixed the issues had, of course i want to change what doesnt work, for example the cp C, people doesnt like it... but, well you knw, its a little hard work in this map but il try my best.

Nov 2, 2010
Bear in mind that TMB picking up this map doesn't necessarily mean another more experienced mapper can't adopt it too.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Bear in mind that TMB picking up this map doesn't necessarily mean another more experienced mapper can't adopt it too.
I know, I just think TMB should probably be doing something simpler, especially based on the other maps he's posted. I'm speaking from experience on that point.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
I know, I just think TMB should probably be doing something simpler, especially based on the other maps he's posted. I'm speaking from experience on that point.
Why everyone think i cant do it, god, everyone is telling me that this map is for expericene mappers, god, i didnt start yesterday mapping... its really frustrating that everyone says the same..

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Sometimes when everyone gives you the same advice, you should listen. Anyway I'll check back in 6 months, see ya later everyone!
See ya, and youll see how its the map for then... maybe even is finished!

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I didnt make any changes cause i need feedback
You have already received a lot of feedback, but you seem to only attend to pieces of feedback given with the feedback system that are straight forward and tell you exactly what to do. To really get anywhere with feedback you need to be able to understand abstract feedback and figure out solutions to the problems people have with your map.

"Feedback" isn't as simple as people telling you what is right and wrong, feedback is people telling you what they think of the map, what they think needs improving etc, and it's up to you to act upon it.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Why everyone think i cant do it, god, everyone is telling me that this map is for expericene mappers, god, i didnt start yesterday mapping... its really frustrating that everyone says the same..
experience in this case means years and a large body of work, you clearly have the ambition but you don't have the kind of experience that's being talked about here

it's ok to admit that, most of us don't have that kind of experience yet

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
experience in this case means years and a large body of work, you clearly have the ambition but you don't have the kind of experience that's being talked about here

it's ok to admit that, most of us don't have that kind of experience yet
I feel like i was treated like a 5 years kid... its hard to edit that map? YES, but not impossible, cant you just wait and see how the map is progressing? Its too easy say that is hard....

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
This isn't about just being able to edit a map, it's knowing how, why, and what to do.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I feel like i was treated like a 5 years kid... its hard to edit that map? YES, but not impossible, cant you just wait and see how the map is progressing? Its too easy say that is hard....
TMB all we're trying to say is that we personally don't think your skill level is high enough to work on Theory yet. Keep at it if you want, but personally I wouldn't try something this ambitious if I only had your level of experience.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Just to add on to what they're saying, it took me close to 10 years to get to the point where I understood the game well enough to make Theory to begin with. I'm not saying you need to spend 10 years mapping to work on it, but you probably need to figure out the TF2 design theory a bit more before you can do anything meaningful to the map. Just bringing this map from a1 to a17 was a 20 month process.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

True, but with more experience and skill, you can make changes to a map like this faster, easier, and better.

We're not saying you should drop the map. We're saying you should put it on hold until you get another alpha map or two under your belt.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
TMB all we're trying to say is that we personally don't think your skill level is high enough to work on Theory yet. Keep at it if you want, but personally I wouldn't try something this ambitious if I only had your level of experience.
You know what? Im gonna work on the map, people like or not! Maybe im not a proffesional at mapping but i think i have some experince, my big problem is just that i dont have ideas cause for me mapping is really easy! After work with this map i see that there is only a solution to finish the map, but it will take me time!

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
You know what? Im gonna work on the map, people like or not! Maybe im not a proffesional at mapping but i think i have some experince, my big problem is just that i dont have ideas cause for me mapping is really easy! After work with this map i see that there is only a solution to finish the map, but it will take me time!

Hey, if we can't stop you, then we can't stop you. Continue mapping, and do your best.

I believe in you, TMB.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Hey, if we can't stop you, then we can't stop you. Continue mapping, and do your best.

I believe in you, TMB.
See, this is what i call support! Why you cant do something like that instead of saying that is just hard and its only for expericede mappers?

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
See, this is what i call support! Why you cant do something like that instead of saying that is just hard and its only for expericede mappers?
We're not trying to put you down, TMB, we're just trying to let you know that it's going to be hard for you to work on this map because you don't have enough experience creating maps so far. Don't let that stop you. I just personally think picking up such a complicated map at your skill level could be bad for your development as a mapper, because it is such a huge jump from simple to complex.

I just want you to understand my concern.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
We're not trying to put you down, TMB, we're just trying to let you know that it's going to be hard for you to work on this map because you don't have enough experience creating maps so far. Don't let that stop you. I just personally think picking up such a complicated map at your skill level could be bad for your development as a mapper, because it is such a huge jump from simple to complex.

I just want you to understand my concern.
Well, if is a hard map i just need 1 person to tell me that not everybody! Only 1 person here support me with this map, only 1 person, the rest was saying that its too hard and i cant do it... and now you say that you dont want to put me down, then what are you trying?, i know its a hard map, its not neccesary that everybody reminds me that and tell me that im not experienced mapper, that only depresses me.

I dont know what you see when you watch me...