Ghastlane event

CP Ghastlane event rc2

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Hopefully you've taken this opportunity to fix all the clipping issue on this map, but additionally I think you should take the opportunity to widen some of the doors between second and mid, because that building can be awkward as hell to move through.

Good job on the artpass tho, you made a pretty ugly map look interesting!

Oct 5, 2017
I have made a lot of doors bigger, that was one thing I didn't like about the original
and i have clipped a lot of things too

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
I have to agree with yrr, this halloween theme fits very well for the map itself even though i liked the original aswell on outdoor areas. Indoors in yours are fitting pretty well.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
One thing to keep an eye on is the sniper lines. There's a couple that are pretty long, so you should make sure the areas where snipers like to stand are well lit and have good visibility, so it's obvious if a sniper is standing there. In other words, no spots where snipers can hide in the shadows.

Scampi

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 8, 2017
Aside from a few areas that are a bit too dark, the detailing is great, though I am a sucker for the medieval/manor theme. I really appreciated the theme differences between the RED and BLU manors. Also, human bones sprouting from the ground like weeds is awesome.
upload_2018-8-18_13-54-46.png

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
Could you please add HDR cubemaps support? Playing this map in HDR makes all reflective props super-bright.

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for adding HDR support. One more thing that I noticed that's holding this map back from being perfect: the middle tower isn't properly clipped near its base (as seen in the screenshots below). This can potentially be game breaking for classes like Soldier and Engineer if they gain access to these platforms. Please add these playerclips and this map shouldn't need any more fixes.
On a side note, you can bundle the navigation file into the map using VIDE, and then repack your map to reduce its file size.
zoyp1OF.jpg

NXWzLgE.jpg

Jack5

Apr 6, 2018
Yes, and I personally believe that that is a mistake on the original map maker's part. These sections hardly contribute anything to the game in Casual/Competitive, and are simplay a nuisance in custom gamemodes. What's more is that these areas are darker on this map, meaning that players in these places are able to hide, which is not something that should be possible.