Cool forums bro

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by The Political Gamer, Oct 14, 2010.

1. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    I'm also confused as to how this happened
    [​IMG]

2. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    When posting a bug please post a link to the site where it appears and the browser you are using as well. If I'm not able to find the error and reproduce it I won't be able to find the cause and fix it.

3. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like the thread attachments are using a different lightbox. Looking into this...

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Just noticed a big peeve. The reply text box was a lot wider on the old skin, and there was also little up and down arrows that would resize it vertically. Being the person on the forums who has one of the largest posts and is regularly editing it, it would be really nice if those two things could be restored.

edit: I also noticed that strikethrough bbcode no longer shows up.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  6. Ida

aa Ida deer

Positive Ratings:
    I'm wondering if we'll eventually get an option to see signatures without having to click "view signature". This has really annoyed me ever since we got the new skin and I see no reason for it to be like this, so I feel I have to nag you guys about it once more.

7. tyler

aa tyler

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think anyone has voiced a positive feeling about that.

8. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, it's still a really stupid feature which doesn't actually help anything - pictures in the signatures are loaded anyway so you're not saving bandwidth etc.

Please, get rid of the option and just let us view signatures! That's how I find out about a fair few new maps :/

9. Scotland Tom

Scotland Tom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Agree (once again) with the signature hiding thing. Signatures around here often have links to maps people are working on or other useful resources. Hiding the signatures by default is ridiculous. The posts still have a giant space at the bottom where the signature would be and the signatures are already loaded (as StickZer0 mentioned). Also, I have only once or twice expanded a signature since the site re-design; with the signatures hidden I pretty much ignore them (and therefore miss out on some of the cool stuff people put in their signatures).

To sum up:
    Don't hide signatures anymore. Hidden signatures suck.

10. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    Ditto, especially for me. It was useful for me to but big red letters in my sig when I update my resource pack, since my posts are everywhere and people are bound to see it if they missed the actual update post. Now it's pretty much useless to do.

11. Mr.Late

Mr.Late L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yep, hidden signatures are not good

12. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    If I have one major complaint about the forums its the hidden signatures.

13. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    eight'd. Signatures are as much a useful resource to people as the forum area in which our links reside.

14. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    wut?

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    Veteran members and donators will now find the option to disable the signature collapsing in the user CP panel. Here's a link.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:

Thank you that's useful :)

17. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    ... why is that a restricted feature? Again, as someone who uses a sig as a means to link people to an extremely useful resource, I find the fact that new people to the site won't see it means it's still useless to bother using a sig.

It's also not working for me.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  18. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Also not working. Wouldn't it make more sense to have them on show and an option to collapse them?

19. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    "Please note, this is not to enable or disable signatures. This will only auto collapse them. This feature is available to VIP and Veteran members of TF2Maps.net"

What kind of ridiculous restriction is THAT?

If anything, you should only be able to HIDE them once you're VIP/Veteran - they should be on by default. What is the reasoning behind hiding the signatures anyway?

EDIT: Doesn't work

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  20. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    As someone who's pretty biased about it, i cant see the sense in it. They're for pointing new meembers at resources, bragging, showing off maps (again, mostly to new members), or, in my case, giving a legal disclaimer. I vote for on by default, and anyone can turn them off.

• Thanks Thanks x 1