Cool forums bro

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
A tip if it doesn't work for you: Turn ON auto-collapse then turn it off again.

Thanks for fixing this. :)

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
So signatures are completely visible by default now?

Thanks for fixing that now :)

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
So signatures are completely visible by default now?

Thanks for fixing that now :)

No, signatures are not completely visible by default.

If you are not a donator, you can turn signatures on and off, if they are on they are collapsed, if they are off they don't show and there is no drop down for them. if you ARE a donator you can turn them on and off like above but you also have an option to make it so they are collapsed or expanded. Make more sense?

Also again to everyone who is having issues with this working, make sure when you initially change it you do a hard refresh and hit ctrl+f5, some people might not have to, i had to in order for the change to take effect. might have been a fluke though.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Images sigs for server staff aren't showing up

I also can't seem to change my custom title

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
This whole auto-collapse restriction is just stupid.

Also, is it possible to have new button on frontpage that takes to feedback site.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Lolwut, no!?

It makes sense from a purely technical perspective, but it really does not seem to have any logic behind it.

Why are they collapsed if they're turned on for non-donators? Those are the people who need to be seeing the signatures the most, especially Grazr's and Booj's which are so damn incredibly useful.

Honestly, unless a good honest reason can be provided as to why there is even this default signature blocking in the first place, just scrap the system. Seriously.
If it's just a case of "Oh look what I coded, a dropdown hider thing, I must keep it in some way", get rid of it.
If it's a case of "Oh, some members don't want to see signatures", let them have the option to turn them off / hide them.

New people who may not realise how useful the signatures can be are never going to turn them on out of usefulness - just maybe out of slight curiosity. If they're shown the signatures and don't want any of it, fine, they can be hidden. But if they never realised signatures could be hidden if they're on by default in the first place, are they honestly going to complain? "Oh no this guy's anime signature has broken my immersion of this TF2 website"

TL,DR: Hiding signatures by default has no benefits and only serves to make new members miss some important information contained within them (ABS' Pack, Grazr's tutorials, DJive's Mapping FAQ)
you're either a little late, or misunderstanding how this works. sigs are enabled now by default. only vip and veteran members can use the 'view/hide sig' option now.