Can't publish a map to workshop because of an error

dabmasterars

L3: Member
Mar 20, 2023
When I tried to upload a map to the Steam Workshop, I have encountered this error: "Failed to publish file! Check to see if you have another item that has the same name." I do not have any files uploaded with the same name. When I tried searching workshop to check if someone else uploaded a map with the same name, no results.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 54

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
I got this error when uploading pl_boatload.
A quick Google search led to a thread where someone said "Make sure your map isn't repacked, because the Workshop needs to do its own repacking."
I didn't remember that being a problem with cp_bruhstbowl, but sure enough, compiling a new non-repacked version of pl_boatload worked flawlessly.

bspzip.exe has a function to "un-repack" a map. This can be done with command line, but as a godless 2004 baby who knows precious little about command line programs, I prefer to use BSPZipGUI for unusual repacking-related situations like this one.

Hope this helps!

dabmasterars

L3: Member
Mar 20, 2023
wonder what map they are going to reupload now
plr_frostfell

although after examining so many maps, i've been thinking of creating my own. watched some tuts, probably gonna make a test later

Last edited:

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
It's Frostfell, not Frostcliff. Really shows how little respect you actually have for the maps you reupload :/