Build Around The Track

Discussion in 'Contests' started by littleedge, Aug 2, 2011.

1. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    Extended to November 13th.

Looking good Eng Mob

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:

3. Another Bad Pun

aa Another Bad Pun DARE TO MEME

Positive Ratings:
    yaaaaaay

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Your framerate always was horrid :p

But I do have to agree, you'll need to really optimize those open area's up.

5. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Really appreciate the time extension. Mine is slowly, but surely, inching it's way to completion.

6. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    my framerate is in the exact spot where it is good on good maps and bad on bad ones ;)

7. Kiddnils

Kiddnils L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you littleedge

8. Montezuma

Montezuma L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    yay :D I should have an alpha this weekend. CP3 is gonna need some work, probably just about making it bigger. I like everything else about my map though. This contest is proving a cool way to test my skills.

9. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Kiddnils

Positive Ratings:
    Amazing grazr. Looks like I could only get third. :) You or Sergis will win.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. littleedge

Positive Ratings:
    Looking good everybody. Also, I was totally prepared for people being angry over the very large time extension and was going to mention something, but it might not apply if all goes well until November 13.

12. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    The main issue with extensions is that it affects people who didn't enter as well. Although extensions are great for increasing the amount of final submissions it fucks up peoples time management. People who decided not to enter because they didn't have enough time may argue that they would have if this was the original deadline etc. Also people may have dropped it for 2 weeks because they intended to quit, only to find out there was a 2 week extension which would have allowed the to finish but they're back at square 1 instead.

13. littleedge

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I totally get that. However I'd like to point out that you now have about the same amount of time that you would have had at the beginning of the contest. So people who didn't enter because of a time constraint, your best bet is to enter. Look at the entries shown so far - you only have a couple maps already in development, so don't worry about being very behind.

14. re1wind

aa re1wind

Positive Ratings:
    And speaking of which, i'll be entering this competition.

I also hate you edge for the diagonal ramps. </3 :p

15. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Yea, i wasn't disagreeing with the extension, it was probably for the best. But next time if you release a release date for the contest then people can prepare for the contest and hopefully there'll be no need for extensions in future.

16. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, they're not so bad. I was able to get a workable ramp in it. I did have to fiddle with some of the tracks not lining up with a decent grid in other places though. I assume moving sections of track less than 4 HU in any given direction is a minor enough edit to not be a disqualification.

17. MoonHitler

MoonHitler L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm giving this thing a shot, but if I manage to to upload it or not is a different matter entirely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Kiddnils

Positive Ratings:
    Sadly I cant continue working for the next 2 days but my progress is really good. I wont have any time problems. Thank you littleedge for this great contest.

19. re1wind

aa re1wind

Positive Ratings:
    Oh i can work around the diagonal multi-angle ramps just fine, although after the 4th one they start to get annoying. :-|

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. English Mobster

English Mobster L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I hated those diagonal ramps. I had to scrap my initial concept because it looks weird with those ramps.
    Nippon should have a thread up in about an hour. I'm doing a quick final compile now, then I need to check for bugs, pack everything, and make the thread.
    E: Vvis decided it didn't like that idea. It was compiling in 20 minutes, but now... isn't. :p
    I'll leave it running when I leave for work and hopefully it'll cooperate.
    E: Figured it out. My areaportalwindows weren't working, so I tried to convert them into areaportals. However, I accidentally made the actual window geometry into an areaportal, creating an areaportal inside an areaportal, plus one of them didn't have the right tool texture, and Vvis was confused. Fixed, but I don't know if I have time. It'll be up probably around midnight Pacific.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011