Build Around The Track

Montezuma

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2010
any news on pre-made path_tracks? I only realized how bad I am at making them about the time I hit the downward curving track near the very end. I just... I really doubt my abilities at this point.

Montezuma

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2010
Use the ABS pack, it has the pre-made track curves. If you don't think you can add entities to a map... then well.... :/
Oh, I didn't know that, thank you very much.

i posted premade tracks on the new layout some pages ago, but nobody seems to care

Sorry, I had been keeping track of this thread and must have missed it. Thanks for sharing. :)

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
I'm still alive but have absolutely no time. I haven't played TF2 in 7+ days. It's insane. I'm only here now because I'm procrastinating, and I'm gonna stop doing so when I finish here. As someone said before, someone put a path_track version somewhere in this thread. It's there...somewhere

Vagueness woo.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
A good thing i double checked the OP, i could have sworn the last time i checked by you said the 14th (which would actually make a lot more sense, since it's a friday, and people can get last minute testing in as more people are available on a Friday. Ending a contest on the thursday seems kinda arbitrary considering people like to work to week-day/weekend schedules).

Anyway, 8 more days people.

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
But it's untIl November 13, not october, might want to triple check the OP. :p

Kiddnils

L3: Member
Sep 2, 2011
Hey Guys,

I am sorry but I will quit. Yesterday I realised that I will have in 4 day vacation and can't continue working because I will travel. Also the last gameday was a disaster and I really mean a disaster. It was embarassing and I could have whine. I must realise that I am still a noob. I pretend to think that I am a genius. Maybe I will participate in the next contest. I wish you all good luck and thank you for the great contest littleedge! Also thank you harribokid for everything.

Goodbye Kiddnils

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
With a week left, I need to make sure people don't get mad at me again. How would you guys like to determine a winner?

Rate each map on a couple categories? (Major Mapping Contests)
A vote for which maps you enjoyed the most? (Assignment Frenzy)
A single vote for which map you thought was the best? (Many Mini Contests)
A different way?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
don't we normally do score sheets? 1-5 or 1-10 for gameplay, balance, aesthetics and something else... theme?

As far as i'm aware there's only like 5 or 6 entries unless someone pulls a map out there arse (which i can't imagine would play well, and will probably smell), so doing some write ups and multiple ratings shouldn't be too taxing. I'm not quite sure how you'd do the second or third options... and a single vote doesn't really represent how you feel about an entry. I'd like to vote for the map that plays the best but then that could just be an alpha someone hasn't developed past 4 weeks whilst everyone else has developed their gameplay and run an artpass for months. They really deserve just as much credit, especially if it looks amazing.