BF3 Beta Discussion because I want to be angry

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Seba, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Also, best tip for winning, bind your flashlight key to your fire button.

Metro underground rave!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    Here are the things I really hate from playing caspian border for awhile

1. Kill cam. I don't want to look at the enemy who killed me at some stupid odd angle, I want to watch my squad or teammates. It's stupid how the game always lets you know more about what the enemy is doing than your teammates. Why did they make it so you can't go through any options while you're dead? All of the menus better be accessible regardless of if you're alive or dead

2. The whole map looks desaturated and the shadows are too damn dark. Shadows are not super-crisp and pitch black everywhere in real life. It makes it hard to see enemies anywhere near foliage if you're not on the highest enemies. Plus the shadows are butt ugly, especially indoors where it's practically pitch black inside.

3. I hope it's a bug, but I remembering this happening in bad company 2 so I bet it's some pseudo-feature poop. I don't hear gunshots from other people half of the time. In firefights I only hear my gunshots and not the enemy's, unless if they are really close. When I do hear them, they are not load at all. The bullet casings or whatever they are falling from the gun and making "dings" are louder than them. Sorry, I'm not a gun-nut

4. 6-man squads are superior to 4 man squads.

5. The map radar is really bad, i doesn't really resemble anything. It looks like someone scribble shades of blue. Pressing M doesn't show the whole map, it only enlarges what you can see on the radar, which only shows a tiny square of the entire level because it's useless and really zoomed in a bunch.

6. Needs more helicopters

7. Why did people get their panties in a bunch from a single preorder weapon and not the map pack? LETS SPLIT THE COMMUNITY ON DAY 1, GENIUS

Some f this stuff could be fixed by modding. Oh wait!

The beta pretty much because unplayable overnight. It constantly stutters and freezes, not to mention it is one of the ugliest games ever on low settings

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  3. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    ^ that is exactly how ALL the Battlefield multiplayer games look like ^
    The hype is measured in graphics, not fun.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    If any of you guys have tried the jets yet too, you'll realize that the controls are terrible and that you can't fire missiles.

You know why?

You have to UNLOCK MISSILES, which means impossibly killing other people with the machine gun, just to level up for something useful.

Yes, it's horrible,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    haha gee why is everyone whining so much, you sound like me

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    We ARE you, Trotim.

REEJ: wrong. Most BF2 and 2142 games were somewhat balanced. Even if a team capped the back points of a map (Karkand, Gibraltar, etc) the defenders still had a chance at gaining them back. It took a well-coordinated team to properly secure and hold (or a team full of morons to lose) points in three minutes.

In other news, Caspian is fun. I can't kill shit with the Stinger/IGLA, but it's somewhat fun. Short range though, but I guess that's for balance purposes. Choppers and mobile AA are useless, probably due to people not knowing how to fly the former properly and that the latter is NOT an anti-infantry tank. Points are actually fun to play on (maybe besides Forest, I don't like it) and Hilltop is fucking awesome.

7. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  8. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    I imagine that I would be complaining too, but I didn't download the beta (nor do I intend to buy the game when it's released).

9. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
  10. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Well i was 50/50 on getting this game, i guess i wont now. The trouble is maybe if we could demonstrate the amount of lost revenue on their part, by boycotters, they might listen. But it seems companies are more and more aware of how EULA's can force people into situations where they have to give more than just 40 quid/60 bucks for a game in the form of personal data; and the worst part is unless you're a PC gamer you probably wont be that aware about it.

11. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    ...so it's Steam?

12. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    A lot of people talking about BF3 while playing TF2 talk about Origin. It's frightening how few of them care. I guess some of them are 15-16, but that's actually more worrying.

Kids aren't being educated to give a shit because the people old enough to educate them can't use computers! Fantastic.

Here's hoping Origin dies steaming in its own shit at the bottom of a deep, deep hole.

Read the fucking post Trotim I am so sick of your base level ignorance and trolling christ

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    TL;DR

You can opt for Steam to not collect personal data. Origin does not give that option.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Also Origins ******ketchup*****ina******sandwhich. Whereas steam is not

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    okay I honestly never read either agreement and doubt more than 1% of people do, but what you're saying is that steam also collects personal data and you need to explicitly tell it not to for them to stop...? so how is that done and what do they collect otherwise, because that doesn't sound much better to me

Steam
    Origin
    yeah that actually does sound worse, but I can't see many people who want to play the game not getting origin anyway. invading your privacy is a definite trend and if anything I can see steam upgrade its service to do that too

it's not a lot worse though, I mean steam definitely collects hardware information, applications and all too. what's the actual difference. they're not collecting personal data, they are saying they may use the data origin collects in combination with personal data they may or may not already have

back when Steam just started getting popular posts about privacy concerns popped up everywhere as well e.g. http://www.inis.net/?postid=46. automatically completely damning origin is what a handful hipster nerds will do just because they don't want any game that's on origin yet

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  16. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Valve's thing basically amounts to taking my screenshots or something and being able to use it. Or my user reviews. Who gives a shit?

EA's extends to being able to know where you live, what computer you have, how everything operates, what files you have on your computer, what programs you use, and what you install or uninstall. They probably install a rootkit to be able to do this. Then they will market to you based on this. Then they will sell this info to 3rd parties without telling you. And you can't sue them. They make that clear.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  17. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    you sound awfully biased, and by the way

http://yogiverse.com/showthread.php?34345-PSA-EA-Origin&p=417195&viewfull=1#post417195
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6331203.html

so it IS steam. it also bears repeating eulas don't change the law so you can obviously sue them for breaking privacy laws if they ever did so anyway

I don't think origin is a good thing and I don't think steam is a good thing, by the way. hating ea is fine and I don't like origin either but steam (valve) is not some shining beacon of privacy rights

also also, if you ever bought something in the ea store it will automatically be transferred to origin so they have a lot of customers that are in fact forced to use the new service. ea would be a special kind of retarded to go and upset these... strangely enough though most people just say "I won't get origin now" and I suspect they never wanted to in the first place so whatever

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  18. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    When you install it. Which, for many of us was probably years ago--when ever the last time you upgraded your hardware was.

Steam was pretty shit when it came out, i think we all had our issues. It was buggy as hell, had no networking capacity and Valve had no hands in becoming a distributer of indie games; it wasn't in that market at the time. I probably installed it (again) about a year ago and i remember it only asking for details regarding my system specs.

There has been other software platforms like Steam like Games for Windows Live; which incidently was a pile of arse discharge. Many publishers like Relic have moved over to Steam, from GfWL, because of the superior service it provides and i think this is the key issue here.

Origin may be a front runner for a competitor against Steam, but its execution seems entirely selfish. It will distribute EA titles and run EA titles and take what ever information from you it wants and without asking. Valve has always supported the online and gaming industry as a whole and a lot of the stick Steam gets is simply envy over its success. The information it takes is at your concent and not nearly as private or intrusive.

Since this is not the first time EA has had issues with EULA's i'm not surprised people have their pitch forks out and torches lit. This is a company which has a history of taking liberties. Just look at Spore and the DRM "scandal"; which ironicly was supposed to prevent pirating but made it the most pirated game in history only 2 days after its initial release.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  19. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
  20. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    For me it boils down to this: I have a huge library of games on steam, until origin has more than one game I want that's exclusive I won't get it, I'm not signing up for a hundred different services for one game to be on each.

BF3 never ever interested me, I'm pretty sure ME3 confirmed it will be on steam, and the old republic was tempting but then I woke up and realised I'd never be moronic enough to pay a hefty subscription for a game.

I don't know the specifics of the EULA but I know that EA are like many other game publishers and frankly retarded with their DRM, so I know that EA will almost certainly pull some stupid crap if I buy a game off origin, I'm expecting some nonsense like the assassins creed BS; if it doesn't happen at the start, it will in time. Which makes me reeeeaaally hesitant to even consider origin.

soooooooo yeah, no origin for me in the foreseeable future.

Also LMFAO at how origin has a tab at the top for each game. (on a more serious note, where the hell IS the link to their catalogue pages :/)