BF3 Beta Discussion because I want to be angry

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I hate how unbalanced every game is, at least for me. Every single round is either a roll through all four stages in less than five minutes, or the attackers are held up at spawn in the first area.

Weapon balance seems to be alright, although it bothers me that the weapons unlocked later on are so much better than the default ones (M16 is still OP as fuck though). Sniper rifles also could use a bit of an accuracy nerf, getting oneshotted by a walking sniper is never fun and makes me mad as shit.

I wish that we could play some CQ or at least had an APC in Rush. Also Rush blows ass, Conquest Assault is the fucking shit. I WANT TO FLY A FUCKING JET

Oh, and share your opinions too, I guess

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
is it true you can't change your graphics/etc options without going into a random game

AgeNt_

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 12, 2009
when i first loaded it up, it gave me a driver error saying my Nvidia GTX 560 ti driver is wrong. so i found out nvidia put out a special driver beta update for the beta so i downloaded it and got to play it. Got to run it in Ultra everything and to be honest, it wasn't anything special as i seen. last area on the map i played was a steam roll. defenders had no cover while attackers had the buildings. so i booted my computer up today to find out im getting the error again, even though i updated the drivers yesterday. oh well, guess ill just go watch breaking bad again.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Sounds like yet another shit game made by shit dudes who shit on all the shit they shit out every year. No one is ever surprised, and yet year after year this shit is bought. I don't get it. I really don't. They even tell you in advance how they are ruining it even more and you buy it anyway.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
If anything ruins this game, it is EA's all this battlelog and origin crap.
They are hard to use, annoying and they have some questionable stuff going on, like Origin making EA able to see all files on your computer.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Seems pretty good but feels a little too much like Bad Company 2 (as opposed to like BF2). Right down to the same stupid pause-menu interface as Bad Company 2.

Battlelog is interesting, haven't decided whether I completely like it or not. Putting it in a web browser is strange (why not just a launcher window?), but it at least functions pretty well. Loading up the game was surprisingly quick.

Origin can suck a bag of dicks.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
when i first loaded it up, it gave me a driver error saying my Nvidia GTX 560 ti driver is wrong. so i found out nvidia put out a special driver beta update for the beta so i downloaded it and got to play it.

I have the exact same card but Nvidia's site is only giving me the 280.26 version of the driver, not the 285.27 version that BF3 is asking for. The result is that it's so glitchy and laggy that I just can't play. :/

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
I've been enjoying it. The metro map is very well made, although no vehicles is a shame. It's always clear where you have to go, and I don't feel as exposed as I did in bfbc2. I'm enjoying the contrast of long and close range fighting.

I haven't unlocked any weapons yet, but playing only with the original weapons the game is quite balanced - I don't like how unlocking new weapons actually gives you an upgrade, it should just be an alternate play style - it's less of a 'flare gun or shotgun', more of a 'bonesaw or ubersaw' choice. I don't see why the medic should have to unlock the defibrillator.

With the first sniper rifle, that needs two shots to kill, I don't mind snipers, cos if someone is shot the first time they have the opportunity to dive to the ground, which could save them, meaning snipers can kill people only when they're either working with their teammates, getting a headshot, or catching people when they're exposed. It still fires quickly, so snipers aren't useless, but I think they should shy away from insta kills.

I like how pistols are actually useful, as well, and I like the vaulting.

Oh, and engineers aren't much use in a non vehicle map, which sucks.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I hate the web browser thing and I feel as if the game is overhyped.

Alot of the game is too easy for instance first time I played it I managed a triple noscope headshot.
The teams and maps are unbalanced alot as said beofre its either a complete foolprrof win or a complete fail.

Also Didn't I already have Americas Army 3? :p

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I actually don't mind Battlelog. It's faster than BC2's server browser, although it occasionally shows empty spots in a full server. It's a pretty cool feature, but with no in-game menu, the game feels like a f2p game or something. I'd prefer a straight-up game menu like in BF2.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
This game really is alright. I don't know why so much of you guys hate it. Yes it has a lot of bugs atm but those are just bugs and will be fixed in the full game. And after you play a few minutes it really starts to go better, unless you ragequit before that. :p

Sep 1, 2009
Intresting Fact : ou can download the special driver VIA the HOME PAGE on the Battlelog.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
I have the exact same card but Nvidia's site is only giving me the 280.26 version of the driver, not the 285.27 version that BF3 is asking for. The result is that it's so glitchy and laggy that I just can't play. :/

Protip: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Beta

BE ADVISED - THE GAME
Also, I hate the goddamn browser server thing, it's a goddamn pain. WHY NOT JUST DO A SERVER BROWSER, OR AT LEAST PUT THE WEBPAGE IN THE GAME? :thumbdown:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I haven't played it since Friday, even then it was only for an hour. Didn't think much of it. /meh

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
The way EA is handling the game now, it seems like they don't want anyone to buy it. Well, maybe DICE is partly responsible for some of the weird design choices too, but I'm generally inclined to blame EA for everything considering their "evil publisher" repuation. I'm certainly staying the hell away, and I'll just be hoping they don't thoroughly fuck up Mass Effect 3 too when that time comes...