Yasumi

Yasumi a6a

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014
Kiglirs submitted a new resource:

Yasumi - Experimental scoring based ToW map with a Soho/Jungle theme

This is the 1st map to test the gamemode i made: Point Tow, or just Tow, but a real ToW.

How this works:
- Push the cart to the enemy base to score points
- Scoring depends how far you're in the enemy's base
- Get to the end of the timer or the max points to win!

The map itself is set in a sunny Soho-like style with Jungle elements. This style is inspired from Okinawa and Taiwan.

Credits:
Thanks to fubarFX for the...

Read more about this resource...

Kunny

L2: Junior Member
Jan 2, 2017
The carts collisions are weird and can get players stuck in walls and the ground. Also, why does the round timer get reset to 10 minutes every time the cart passes over the middle point. I like the idea of mixing player destruction and tug of war.

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014
The carts collisions are weird and can get players stuck in walls and the ground. Also, why does the round timer get reset to 10 minutes every time the cart passes over the middle point. I like the idea of mixing player destruction and tug of war.
I don't know at all why it does this. On the prefab i made it wasn't doing this, and i couldn't find what were the cause of this. In my MC20 map there weren't this issue. I'd love some help on this one
Also for the reset to 10 minutes, i tried in the past to just add some minutes instead of a 10 minute, but it always keep reseting to 10 minutes. I can give a try to see if it's still doing this problem

Kunny

L2: Junior Member
Jan 2, 2017
Could you post screenshots of the properties and flags for the cart prop and the func_tracktrain?

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014
Kiglirs updated Yasumi with a new update entry:

Yasumi a3

Changelog:
- Reverted back to PD logic, found a fix to force Payload logic with a Vscript function
- Point scores every 2 seconds instead of 4
- Improved Zone calling and added signs
- Made a fancier cart
- Removed cart anouncements for point incoming and final incoming
- Added a propjump to A zone highground
- Some minor fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I like the concept of this map! I think you should continue exploring the Hightower-esque nature of this map. Most tug of war tends to be structured like 5cp and I think this is a unique take on it that can work well, even if it won't be everyone's favorite.

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014

Yasumi a4

Changelog:
- Fixed cart end track teleporting to wrong path track
- Made some middle doors open only when cart is in zone B or C
- Removed the only middle path that wasn't connected to the rest of the middle
- Changed timer: lower timer but time added on mid cap

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014

Yasumi a6

Changelog:
  • New Timer system: Time is added only when points have been scored after each cap, 20 seconds are added with the numbers of points times 2 in seconds
  • New Overtime system: Once timer is out, you're still getting a chance to push the cart out of the base until the mid point. If the cart isn't being pushed more than 2 seconds, the round ends
  • When the score is the same: the team having the cart in the enemy base wins
  • A spawn entrances now closes when cart gets in...

Kiglirs

aa
Sep 13, 2014

Yasumi a6a

Changelog:
  • Tweaked the overtime mechanic: now when time is over and the team who have the cart already in the enemy base don't have enough points will automatically loose
  • Fixed spawn gates bellow the C terraces going through the floor
  • Made indications of where the cart is in setup