Oct 25, 2014
3e6136557c.jpg

7dd6c49b11.jpg

Vents and gravel

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Having the colored, atmospheric fog makes the space feel larger than it really is. A black fog would probably be more realistic, but the blue fog gives a sense of an atmosphere (and therefore, open space).

Woozlez

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2010
I think the use of color fog is fine, and very creative.

My issue is that the skybox feels very flat, there is not much depth, from what I can tell.

This is the skybox card layout; There are four layers, with the skip brush in the center for map size.

g70CQVs.png

Do you think further spacing them, as well as making them closer to the map would be better? I'll attempt that in beta 4, which I'll be releasing very soon.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
It probably has to do with the lack of detail on the cards themselves (they're just one flat color at the moment). Spacing them out more would probably be a good idea though.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
It probably has to do with the lack of detail on the cards themselves (they're just one flat color at the moment). Spacing them out more would probably be a good idea though.

I agree, spacing them out would add a lot. Another thing is to not show every layer when you can... Almost like visually skipping a layer. Gives a bit more realistic depth.

Woozlez

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2010

Well, the cards are meant to be akin to mountain and tree cards:

ceOJrIw.jpg

Anyway, here's the new spacing:

0nhGFfM.png