WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
They were there as a placeholder. Its simply the props from the alpha stage during the 2ss contest. I did reduce the fog a bit since its true, space doesnt have alot of fog.

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
Frosty new mid :

EnkH5n6.jpg

T7Lnoyv.jpg

Having some trouble fading all the props because of some visgroup disappearance. I have to check all of them again >:[

wareya

L420: High Member
Jun 17, 2012
Do visleaves with a lot of sides actually present a calculation problem? Because that's what you'd be looking at here, a single pseudocylinder (not counting the automatic subdivisions VBSP makes at regular intervals). I always assumed those were way better than, say, rounded outer corners where you get a buttload of little wedges, but I hadn't thought about calculation complexity.

If the faces aren't portals (i.e. they're touching sealing geometry) then the only problem they might conceivable cause is "which visleafs is this object intersecting" calculations.

Last edited:

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I've put pl_tanker on the backburner and plan to restart it, using the next 72hr mapping contest as a launchpad for it. In the meantime I'm working on an A/D CTF map called ctf_compound (working title).
447b662269.png

I'm putting a lot of time trying to nail the scaling on the head and make some really neat brushwork.

I utilized a technique originally used by kungfusquirrel for KotH Roundhouse to make the main walls of RED base and I plan to try many other new things for this map as well.

I look forward to hopefully having an alpha ready before January.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
I'm currently working on pl_city! Right now, I'm still in the alpha phase, making some big changes through lots and lots of playtesting. I'm not completely sure on the theme yet but I'm thinking something like New York style, bit grimmy at nighttime.

ySVBcPu.jpg

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I'm currently working on pl_city! Right now, I'm still in the alpha phase, making some big changes through lots and lots of playtesting. I'm not completely sure on the theme yet but I'm thinking something like New York style, bit grimmy at nighttime.

-snip-

Looks really cool, the one thing I can say from the screenshot is that the cart path (as in the space around the track) looks really narrow for a payload map.

In terms of theme, have a look at mvm_mannhattan.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Looks really cool, the one thing I can say from the screenshot is that the cart path (as in the space around the track) looks really narrow for a payload map.

In terms of theme, have a look at mvm_mannhattan.

Cart paths are a bit narrow at places indeed! I'll see if I can give the cart some more space.

mvm_mannhattan will be an inspiration for sure, thanks!

UKCS-Alias

aa
Sep 8, 2008
2014-12-20_00001.jpg

2014-12-20_00002.jpg

2014-12-20_00003.jpg

And here to sense the scale of the buildings
2014-12-20_00004.jpg

Still need to do quite some stuff especialy since the walls are still empty (and contain wood). But at least the general shape for the buildings is getting there.
Some of the weird light spots are actualy just cubemap lightspots. All these textures are reflecting. And i probably will have to change that to improve the fps.

ProselyteCanti

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2014
QfhTrIe.png

TFKart map I'm working on. I wanna try to do some rainbow road type shit.

UKCS-Alias

aa
Sep 8, 2008
2014-12-23_00001.jpg

2014-12-23_00002.jpg

And some rough setting for cp A of intercept.

The textures probably will change colors to a more blue-ish/neutral setting, but atm valve doesnt have such yet other than white. The gate will also change to something that isnt a block. But hey, at least it gives a general idea of what the area should become.

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
-snip-
And some rough setting for cp A of intercept.

The textures probably will change colors to a more blue-ish/neutral setting, but atm valve doesnt have such yet other than white. The gate will also change to something that isnt a block. But hey, at least it gives a general idea of what the area should become.

Id say go easy on that red, but other wise looking really good. also maybe brighten it up?