WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
They'll look better if you make each vertical support run the entire height of the room, not end awkwardly between horizontal ones. That both looks strange and is structurally unsound.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Yeah, those wires aren't going anywhere off of the tree...

Jan 8, 2011
Also thats a fuck of a lot of candles for a place that could just put in electric lights since apparently the tree is a generator.

But the whole joke is the "WARNING: Flammable Materials" sign is next to about 10 candles.

Last edited:

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Sneak peek for detail pass #1 of cp_wetland:

2014-11-02_00002.jpg

2014-11-02_00005.jpg

I also have a question: is that big red undetailed trainstation/clocktower in pic 2 too overstated and prominent to be on a flank? I feel like it might attract attention to the area, which is good because it's a woefully underused route, it just also might be too attractive.

I'm thinking of putting a point in the area to maybe give the map more spice: make it into an A > B+C > D map, maybe, I dunno.

Thoughts?

Dr. Sasha

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 5, 2013
I think the whole tunnel idea is fine, but the tower building atop looks like it's trying to hog up all the attention

It looks a smidge out of place, possibly decrease its detail or think of a standart roof

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
I would wonder how many people notice it at all tbh Deer, will be interesting to see, though most regular testers read this thread I imagine and that spoil the results considerably. I'm not into the idea of a 1-2-1 A/D map but that's only because I like the previous versions and think you'll do well in making ironing out it's problems and making a fun stock A/D map.

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
( I don't think anyone looks up enough to notice)
Right now it feels oddly tall, but I'm sure detailing will fix that.

My opinion for the 1-2-1 would be splitting teams = bad.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Yeah all the balancing I've done so far has been linear/stock 3cp based so yeah, the 1-2-1 isn't the best idea haha. I'll figure something out, maybe move the clocktower to last point as to make it more impressive of an area to fight over.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
[gfycat]PastelTartFlatfish[/gfycat]

Probably will add a shockwave at the end of it, and align the explosions.
But this is koth_backwoods ending

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Those lasers to me look a bit weak (they are barely visible at a distance). I would make them go wider which indicates the added power it gains that triggers the explosion.

And maybe even perform some effect similar to doomsday's explosion which i think adds some color correction. This would help to indicate the explosion being closer as now the explosion only happens in the skybox.

Also, kill those below it :)

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Not every night map has to be a halloween map. Regular (or medieval) night maps are still welcome.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
From the original 72hr version? Yeah, I made that one as almost an afterthought in the last bit of time I was working on it.
Yeah, that one.
It's nice, now.

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
[gfycat]FreshForthrightBrownbear[/gfycat]

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
The model of the jumpad is a bit big. flatten it out like a pancake would almost certainly look better.

Also, why would such an apparently high-tech thing be located in a dirty, rural -uasi-industrial area?