WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

wareya

L420: High Member
Jun 17, 2012
You're not the only one, look at that mismatch right next to the blue axis! Step up your game wareya!

ninja edit: it looks like all the cliff sections are different heights too :S

It's an example of how making everything out of flat quads doesn't mean it's displacement-compatible.

I don't have any intentions of finishing it. It's so hard.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
7B7347569EA4981160D3E8070AB35145FADC7691

Just a quick test to see how I can unbox myself

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
now add more light(s).

You are not the first person to tell me this, and you also probably won't be the last.
But don't worry, the only reason there aren't lights everywhere in that screenshot is that I'm still in the midst of redoing them.

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
I was just thinking about that myself.

Just a suggestion i can tell you are trying to brighten up the area again from the play test, like I said while I was playing I think a large glowing reactor over the point would give some much needed light off into the area and give a main focus to the map.

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
Just a suggestion i can tell you are trying to brighten up the area again from the play test, like I said while I was playing I think a large glowing reactor over the point would give some much needed light off into the area and give a main focus to the map.
The reactor idea doesn't fit the map theme; that of an underground cavern riddled with mines and ancient temples.

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
The reactor idea doesn't fit the map theme; that of an underground cavern riddled with mines and ancient temples.

It could be like Atlantis with technology that shouldn't have existed in their time. maybe give it a more ancient theme too it, or maybe you could just add a round hole at the top with a beam of light shining in and some vines coming down through it.

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
It could be like Atlantis with technology that shouldn't have existed in their time. maybe give it a more ancient theme too it, or maybe you could just add a round hole at the top with a beam of light shining in and some vines coming down through it.
That's what I was going for in the screenshot I posted earlier.
It' is pretty rough, though...

Snowbat

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 23, 2013
My Maya themed MvM map is progressing. It still feels quite open, but that may be because of the lack of props (trees, bushes, etc) that I plan to add later.
The orange/grey dev textures are obviously also just placeholders that I intend to properly texture and detail later.

I'll have to test this thing with Alias' waves to see how it plays out.

312u0yq.jpg

12504yb.jpg

33o5nc5.jpg

10n6l8h.jpg

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
Oh cool, another Mesoamerican-themed map.
Yours is much better than mine, I must say.
I really like the texturing you've got; is that all custom?

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Full image album
Slowly getting there with the visual overhaul on koth_sandstone
0M68vpX.jpg

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Make the lighting less orange and, like wareya said, put a spotlight on it. The coalmine lightstand would look nice in some raised area nearby.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
I got a dumb idea and played around with it a bit tonight.

8733E370647EE3B45790B76970EE05D7A32C8028

The glass might need some kind of specular effect or something so it doesn't just look like a grey tint.

Anyone ever done anything like this and got advice? Maybe put a phong reflection on the material? I'm not sure trying to put a specular map on it would be efficient or even look that good.